• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Navigation Pane automatically

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you show the Navigation Pane automatically for context-sensitive Help insteas of the Show link? We call the Help from a web application using map ID's but we want users to see the TOC & Search right away without clicking a Show link. Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to access the topics "through" the Start Page that RH creates based on your entry in the first Generate wizard page in the Select Output Folder and Start Page field.

That's where RH provides all the frameset info for the browsers.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hermie -

I think Leon was referring to the hashmark method: e.g.:

http://www.domainname.com/helpfolder/projectname.htm#specific_topic.htm

or, if you must use the Map ID's, perhaps this article will help:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=5177075f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I want our context help to open with the navigation tree in view. I followed the links, but the KB entry talks about a 'View" option that I do not have with RH 6. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
- Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the window you are looking at was created when the project had HTML help set as the default. Make sure Webhelp is shown as the default, then create a new window. That will have the View option.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I just verified. The Primary Output/Layout for the project is set to "WebHelp". I right click "Windows", select "New Window". I get a dialog that has Name, Title, and Template for options. I give it a name and click OK. I then see a dialog for "Window Properties". In it I have options for window name, window title, displayed windows, buttons, Placement, window macros, and window color.

Is there somewhere else I have to set "WebHelp"? I appreciate the help with this help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like the dialog for a new topic coming up first!

Are you sure WebHelp is defined as the primary layout?

See http://www.grainge.org/test/window3.jpg

If Window Properties is set up when webhelp is the default layout, then you should see this dialog.

http://www.grainge.org/test/window.jpg

I suspect you are seeing this one which means HTML is set as the primary dialog. The window does not change when you change the default. You have to create a new one.

http://www.grainge.org/test/window2.jpg

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 13, 2008 Sep 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Sigh...

Peter, this appears to be yet another instance where RoboHelp for Word is being used. I just tried it in RoboHelp for Word and indeed the dialog prompts for Name, Title and Template before allowing the window to be defined.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2008 Sep 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heading off for a telepathy course right now. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed reply, Peter. And, I do believe that the main problem is a version issue. I'm developing against version 6.0 right now. My screens seem vastly different than what you have. I suspect that this is the main reason I'm having issues. What version are you using? I guess I will need to get the trial and start the formal process of upgrading through a PO. I'll report back with my findings! Oh.. and yes, RoboHelp for Word is what I'm using. The Documentation team is much more comfortable working with MSWord.

Cheers!
-Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK forget the view option.

See the article on my site about Calling WebHelp Using URLs and see Roger Nilsson's reply above that gives an example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp