• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline (no Sequence)

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2008 Jan 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am i missing part of the program because i can't seem to drag clips to the timeline like i did in pro 7. Or am i doing something wrong? All the icons on the timeline won't highlight either..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2008 Jan 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click the sequence in the project window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will also find links to many free tutorials in the Premiere Pro Wiki that will quickly show you how things are done in PPro.

Cheers
Eddie

Forum FAQ
Premiere Pro Wiki
- Over 300 frequently answered questions
- Over 100 free tutorials
- Maintained by editors like you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can read all of Eddie's tutorials you want on Wiki and it won't help you with this.

I haven't figured out exactly why Premiere will start with the timeline full of "No Sequences" tabs. Not every time... just when it feels like it.

And double-clicking on the sequence icon in the project window will only open it up when you're in list view (as opposed to icon view). This got broke in CS3 and I'm too lazy to tell anybody that can actually fix it. (Assuming this would even do any good).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>And double-clicking on the sequence icon in the project window will only open it up when you're in list view (as opposed to icon view). This got broke in CS3

If it was broken, then I couldn't do it. And I just did it. :)

I double-clicked on a sequence in the Project panel in icon view and it opened right up in the Timeline viewer.

As to your other reported mystery:

If you open up several new sequences in one project and then close Premiere, the current workspace reflects the open Timeline viewers. If you saved the project with the new sequences, and then re-open it, all is well.

But if you *don't* save the project with the new open sequences, the next time you open that project, the workspace will call for the same number of Timeline viewers that you had the last time, but the Project panel won't be able to fill them with sequences because those sequences were never saved.

It's a minor annoyance that may or may not require a lot of developer effort to fix, which means it may or may not ever get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>If it was broken, then I couldn't do it. And I just did it.

If your project view is set to, "Open in New Window" it will work properly. However, change the Bins behavior to, "Open in Place" and then double-click a sequence until your finger cramps up... nothing happens.

Edit->Preferences->General (Bins)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>If your project view is set to, "Open in New Window" it will work properly. However, change the Bins behavior to, "Open in Place" and then double-click a sequence until your finger cramps up... nothing happens.<br /><br />That makes a difference.<br /><br />EDIT: <rant removed><br /><br />Did you discover this info about the Bin settings before or after I posted back with my results?<br /><br />-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Did you discover this info about the Bin settings before or after I posted back with my results?

I actually posted about this bug 2 or 3 weeks ago in here "somewhere". But when I saw you had no problems I remembered the "Bin" setting. Failed to mention it in this thread though.

It's probably one of those bugs that'll end up on the back burner forever. It's no big deal really, I just like my bins opening in one place instead of multiple windows running amuck. Don't like the tabbed option either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's your other post. It took me about 2 minutes to find it. In a bizarre twist, it has the same title as this topic. :)

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c0559d6/2

It's not a big deal, but I (or anyone else who might have tried to help you) would have appreciated *you* taking the time to find that info, or at least posting a general note about the Bin settings being involved.

I guess I'm just asking for a little more consideration with respect to the time any of us spend helping out here in the forum. Like I said, it's not that big a deal. ;)

Did the info I posted on why the empty Timeline viewers appear help at all?

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I guess I'm just asking for a little more consideration with respect to the time any of us spend helping out here in the forum

Eh? How was I being inconsiderate? I gave the steps necessary to replicate this bug in good conscience but I truly "forgot" about the bin setting's role in this bug. You're speaking as though I intentionally left this important piece out - I assure you I didn't.

My apologies for initially sending you on a 30 second wild goose chase. (But I suspect your "removed" rant took much longer).

And thanks for confirming this anomaly once I gave you all the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Eddie's tutorials

My tutorials? I haven't written any tutorials. What are you on about?

Cheers
Eddie

Forum FAQ
Premiere Pro Wiki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You often provide the links, and so are often associated with the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>My tutorials? I haven't written any tutorials. What are you on about?

I meant that you generally provide this canned "Wiki" answer for everything and it generally never applies to the poster's current problem (as is the case with this thread).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hand holding has never been the intent of this forum, same with the story about the fish and catching a fish. Eddie's links provide valuable solutions, but require you to do something yourself, not being led by any of the regulars. The term RTFM is not appreciated around here, but often applies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I misunderstand the poster's question (I'm Human, so sue me ;)) the links I provide have either a direct answer or provide leads to where the answer lies.

The OP in this thread never mentioned anything about double-clicking clips in the Project Panel, he specifically mentioned "drag". For the most part if someone cannot accomplish something that basic they are in dire need of watching people do it, as is demonstrated in the video tutorials.

If my assistance in these forums was of no use then the moderators would long since have told me so. Quite the opposite of what has in fact transpired.

Cheers
Eddie

Forum FAQ
Premiere Pro Wiki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Eddie. Most often his provided link does apply. Very rarely does he misread the problem and provide an unhelpful link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't single out who I see as the most helpful regulars here, in terms of helping those really in need of advise. But one way is to count the number of "thank you" posts the helpful people get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to determine who is helpful is to count the number of "thank you" posts they get. Using that criterion I believe Eddie is one of those up at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with that also. I have often clicked on the link to see what's behind the door and have found some good useful information there. And it usually does apply to the op's problem.
Eddie, keep up the good work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2008 Jan 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Unless I misunderstand the poster's question (I'm Human, so sue me ) the links I provide have either a direct answer or provide leads to where the answer lies.

The poster can't drag a clip from the project window to the timeline and he obviously knows how to do it because of experience in a prior verson of Premiere.

How does a Wiki Faq or tutorial apply here?

Between your incessant Wiki responses and another poster's curt insistence on providing full computer specs for just about every issue, it's no wonder people never come back to follow up on threads they start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem almost always is a lack of detail. The OP doesn't explain what he meant by "like i did in pro 7". We have no way of knowing whether he has locked tracks or what the state of his panel layout is.

These problems are very often caused by a lack of understanding of the product and a sure fire way of learning a product is to watch others use it, hence the links to video tutorials.

I enjoy helping people when I can. I am sorry that you have a problem with that. Unfortunately I cannot help you. I am sorry for that failure. I can only encourage you to do the best you can.

I wish you happy editing. Happy editor

Cheers
Eddie

Forum FAQ
Premiere Pro Wiki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the positive re-inforcement, it really helps. :)

Cheers
Eddie

Forum FAQ
Premiere Pro Wiki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "...Between your incessant Wiki responses and another poster's curt insistence on providing[requesting] full computer specs...

These are value judgments and cannot be used in a court of law. :)

Eddie, Keep Smiling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eddie is one of the more positive helpful people on these forums.

It just goes to show you that, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well... some people don't take the time to read or search (somewhat understandable when they are in a "panic" because something isn't working) and come here with only partial information... and then don't like it that the people answering can't read their minds or see their computer and work flow through the Internet, and complain when they are pointed to other information or asked to provide a better example of what is going wrong

As JC said, you can't please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines