Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insterting Images - RoboHelp X5

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2007 Feb 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Periodically, when inserting and saving images into a X5 project, the application appears to be adding a path.

Correct image path should be: img src = "NameOfImage.gif"
What sometime occurs is: img src ="../NameOfImage.gif"

Removing the ../ causes the image not to appear in the WYSIWYG Editor.

The ../ is particularly annoying when impletmenting Peter Grainge's Show All or Twisties procedures, as I get an Object not found message.

The only why to correct the issue, that I am aware of is to create a New Topic, add the text and create a new drop-down, add corresponding code and add the Script file.

Any suggestions what is causing this periodic behaviour?

Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check very carefully. RH will only include that in the path if that is where you are pointing to. If your topic is in a folder and the image is in the root of the project, then it is correct.

Look at the Twisty download.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I followed your Twisties instructions very carefully, and made sure that the images are in the root of the project before inserting them into the project.

Before adding a New Topic I went over the procedure two or three times, each time the ../ appeared and the image was inserted from the project root folder C:/Program Files/RoboHelp Office/RoboHTML/NameOfProject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the topic in a folder?

BTW.

I really would not keep project folders within Progam Files. Keep programs and data separate.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topic in the default HTML Files (Topics) folder
Images, in this case the arrowright is in the Images folder; arrowdown in the baggage folder, imported from the project source folder. The image that was causing problems was arrowright; I also made sure my naming conventions followed the twisties procedure.

Thanks for the tip, I will move my projects to another drive and update them accoordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the topic and the images are definitely in the same folder. If this is a test project, zip it up and send it. Otherwise create the problem in a test project and send that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sounds good, I will create a test project and send.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp