• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird WSDL

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2007 Feb 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a CFC that runs great locally. But when I try to publish it as a web service I get this weird error

If the requested WSDL document can't be retrieved or it is dynamically generated, it is likely that the target web service has programming errors.

Fatal Error: URI=null Line=5: Comment must start with "<!--".

When I look at the webservice (eg. myService.cfc?wsdl) It shows this line jammed inside the wsdl file :

<!-- WSDL created by Macromedia ColdFusion MX version 7,0,1,116466

Why would my helpful CF server start inserting comments? Is this a version problem?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2007 Feb 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem! Any thoughts on why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2007 Feb 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a permssions issue... Does your CFC have any permissions? Mine is accessing a database table that requires a username and password.

But the error message is so ambiguous I have no idea. If I hit the CFC locally it works fine, as soon as I try to publish, it breaks with this completely cryptic message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2007 Feb 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Here's how I was able to resolve my issue. I was calling my cfc that lives on a machine running the development version of ColdFusion from another test server. It turned out I had reached the two client access limit. I cleared this up by rebooting my developer machine everything works fine. Not sure if this helps with your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation