• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font of numbers does not match style of numbered list

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2007 Feb 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an HTML compiled help project where the numbers do not match the font of the numbered list when viewing the compiled help. I tried the procedure outlined in knowledge base article rb_45967 to change the font in the background and text style but that has not corrected the problem. Any ideas? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2007 Feb 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

It should be as case of defining what you want in your style sheet, something like:

OL {
font-size:10pt;
margin-left:0.35in;
margin-top:0pt;
margin-bottom:0pt;
font-family:Verdana, sans-serif; }

I haven't looked at the article you refer to (helps if you create a link to it) but if that is much the same, then it looks like an inline style is overriding what is in your style sheet.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter.

The odd thing is that in my stylesheet does have the 10pt font defined and yet all the numbers in my project are coming up with the numbers in a 12pt font. I have done a find in the stylesheet and the topic code for 12pt and do not find anything. All my body styles and numbered list styles are defined as 10pt.

If I change inline formatting of the numbered list to 12pt and then back to 10pt and compile, it looks fine. I hate to do that for every topic with a numbered list.

The behavior is the same for topics created before the stylesheet was changed and ones created under the new stylesheet. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the link for anyone wanting to see the article.

http://www.adobe.com/go/rb_45967
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import one of the topics into a new project, use the same style sheet and then zip that up and send it to me via my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2007 Feb 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution to this yet? We had this happen, too. I was able to fix it by renaming the CSS file to default.css, which tricked RH into not returning to a default style sheet somewhere in the code. (I think I may have gotten this idea from someone on the forum awhile back--sorry, I can't remember who should get the credit.)

This fixed the problem everywhere except numbered lists within tables. I'd love to know if there is a way to fix those, too.

Thanks,
Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was caused by the style sheet having two definitions for LI plus a number of other issues.

Best advice is to use something like TopStyle to edit style sheets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the tip, Peter!
Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp