• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Reopen Sequences?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2008 Oct 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a project with 9 separate sequences. After a recent crash of Premiere (more about that later), the last saved project opens with only 6 on the timeline. The sequences still show up in their bin & I can insert them into my main timeline but I cannot open the individual sequences in their original tabs for further editing.

(I hope this is clear)

Is there a way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on them in the project window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Got quite concerned there for a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will also find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
- Over 300 frequently answered questions
- Over 250 free tutorials
- Maintained by editors like you
Forum FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no idea how much I appreciate your quick answer Harm. I'm facing a looming deadline & this saved my bacon!

Sometimes the obvious answer is the most obscure when under pressure.

Thank you very much,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2008 Oct 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eddie, if you're out there ... or anyone else that can help ...

... is there a patch or something else that can fix PP's handling of multiple sequences?

I am working on a second project with nested sequences and like the first, PP occasionally opens a saved work with some of the sequences not loaded or extra, empty sequences.

Is this fixed in CS4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2008 Oct 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who knows yet? We have to wait for CS4 to answer that. However, PP remembers the last number of open sequences and will open that number again for the next project. So if you have a project with 8 sequences open, the next project you open will also have 8 sequences open, even if 4 are empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that when I work on Project A, close it, then reopen Project A, it appears with:

1) more sequences than I started with
2) some sequences replaced by blank sequences
3) and/or sequence tabs reordered above the timeline

I know its not the end of the world but this particular project is quite complex. Using nested sequences was a real help when I started the job but is rapidly losing its value as the project gets bigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The behaviour that Harm describes is by design, from what I have read. The strange behaviour that you describe I have not heard of.

As a test, install PPro on another computer and see if you experience the same problem there.

Cheers
Eddie

Forum FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya Eddie,

I don't have another machine available for what you suggest nor the time to experiment much (deadline on this project is looming). Is there still a 'repair' function on the install disk? (I'm not at home right now else I would look)

Any chance 'repairing' might help?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Any chance 'repairing' might help?

It's not worth speculating. As I have said I have not seen this problem reported before.

When you double-click on a clip in the Project Manager does it open in the Source View?

Cheers
Eddie

Forum FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the clips are still in the Project Manager & I can still view/edit. The sequence tabs just disappear or rearrange themselves.

I am downloading a 3.2 patch that I am not sure I need but maybe it holds the answer to all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A massive thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines