Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Architecture question

Feb 11, 2007 Feb 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an application I am planning that will consist of a cluster of 4 web servers, 1 database server and 1 storage server. Think myspace meets youtube, but no a much smaller scale.

What is the best way to create user directories and how would you store and access them.

It is unfeasible to create a real directory for each user (100’s of users), I assume there is a standard “best practice” for doing this. Can anyone sent me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I worked it out, but would still like to hear ideas.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 11, 2007 Feb 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

If your O/S is *nix then, you can create soft links for the users (using the ln command). For Ex, For a user named "abc" then url may look like, http://www.yoursite.com/abc.. But the point to be noted here is the "abc" is not a directory which in turn is mere referral to another directory in where you can put your business logic, code or anything..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation