• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index Help

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2007 Feb 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that when i add items to the Index (that was listed in my TOC) and perform a search I am also seeing docs from my Project Tab that I have not choosen to be in my TOC (like portions of a Frameset). There are parts of a Frameset that don't make sense to be viewed on their own but it pulls it up anyways? Is there anyway to have the user only see topics that are placed in the TOC only and not ones that are only in my project tab?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2007 Feb 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about things that show up in your index, or the search? They are two different animals, you know. The index should only reflect the topics that contained your keywords. The search will return anything it finds in the generated search table. Hiding topics from the search can be done several different ways. Here is a link discussing a few of them:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=451&threadid=1167875&h...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2007 Feb 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In terms on the index peice, when i create keywords from a topic that is tied to a Frameset the topic that appears when searched for in the index is only one of the documents and not the entire framset.

Any ideas on how to handle this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2007 Feb 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In terms on the index peice, when i create keywords from a topic that is tied
to a Frameset the topic that appears when searched for in the index is only one
of the documents and not the entire framset.

Any ideas on how to handle this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2007 Feb 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have the answer to this question Re: framsets in the index?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2007 Feb 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Mrs.Kirk

Sounds like you are confusing search with the index.

If you are really talking about the index, you need to ensure the topic(s) linked to the keyword(s) aren't intended to be presented inside a frameset. If so, change the linkage in the index designer so the index term(s) only link to the frameset topic.

If you are talking about search, you need to create your help in a manner such that the topics aren't part of the full text search.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp