• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader 9 PDF printing problems

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Kyocera FS-C5015N. When I print any multi-page PDFs to the FS-C5015N, only the first page comes out or nothing at all. I have tracked the problem down to Adobe Reader 9. I say this because I can successfully print multi-page PDFs using version 8.2. But I cannot with v9. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Kyocera's website. Same problem. I can successfully print with Word, Excel, etc. just not Adobe Reader v9. Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this issue? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

What OS? If you are running windows, then there is a PCL driver and a
postscript driver. Which are you using? Have you tried the other?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Windows XP SP3 with all the latest patches. We are using the latest PCL driver from Kyocera. We are not printing anything that would need postscript. So we need to stick with the PCL driver. Again, if I print from Adobe Reader 8, PDFs print just fine. When I print from Adobe Reader 9, that is when the documents don't print properly. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I have found when using certain applications that the PCL driver is
better to use on others the PS is better to use. I don't have a
prejudice against either driver. Give the PS driver a chance if it cures
the problem, I'd recommend using it. While it may be better to have a
fix for the PCL driver, I sure don't know of it. There is no reason to
avoid the PS driver, just because you don't generally need it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2008 Aug 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Post Script drivers, same problem (only the first page of a multi-page PDF prints). Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

At this point I've only got a few things to ask and check. They are
obvious, but I'm at the same loss you are.

1) In the print dialog box there is a setting for printing a single page
or a range of pages. Are you sure it is not set for one page?

2) Could there be anything in the printer setup dialog box that is
telling the printer to print only the first page?

3) Try installing the generic postscript printer. Can you print more
than one page? If not, the fault probably lies somehow within your
printer OR perhaps some setting within Reader is stuck. I'd recommend
removing all Acrobat/Reader programs on your computer. Use the Microsoft
Installer Cleanup to make sure nothing is left over. Then install Reader
9 and see what happens.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print dialog box is set to print "All."

I can print multi-page documents from Word, Excel, Publisher just fine to the printer. If there was a setting on the printer to only print the first page, it would affect all programs.

I can print just fine from Adobe Reader 9 to all other printers I try. There is no problem with Adobe Reader 9 printing only one page. Moreover, I can print multi-page PDFs just fine with Adobe Reader 8.

When you say "generic post script driver," what driver are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a work around to my problem. Going to File -> Print -> Advance -> Print as Image works. My question now is there a way to change this setting via the registry? That is, so that "Print as Image" is the default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print as image rasterizes things at your computers end. Either you will
end up with things printed at too low a resolution or too high if you do
this all the time. Let's try this a bit longer. If you go to the
installing a postscript printer, there should be an option for a Generic
Postscript printer.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by there is a point where I can select a generic post script driver. I have the printer installed and I can change the driver. What should the driver be changed to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem to Mike Kazlow. I deployed Adobe Reader 9 to all computers on my network using the deployment wizard and Group Policy. Now, nobody can print more than the first page of a multi-page document. The exception (and unpopular workaround) is to print the PDF to a Microsoft XPS file and print that.

Our printers

The natives are taking up torches and pitchforks to demand that I restore Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.2. I hope to find a solution soon.

- Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe-

Actually, I am (Peter) the one who posted this originally. What kind of printers are you using? I find that the problem with printing multi-page documents only occurs on certain printers. I did find a workaround to this. You can have the users go to "Advanced" after they click on print and then select "print to image." Then have them print the documents. I've found this works in all cases. The printing is slower, but at least the PDFs print. I hope Adobe releases a permanent fix to this issue pronto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2008 Aug 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having the same problem with Reader 9 as well. Everyone else in the office seems to be able to print fine, but I can only print the first page of a pdf. When I print to image I have black boxes printing in the margins. I can print one page at a time by selecting a specific page, but it won't print a range. Very inefficient when trying to print a large document. C'mon Adobe, give us a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2008 Aug 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Kyocera KM-C3225E KX and the very same problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader 9. Can I download Reader 8 somewhere while Adobe is working hard on finding a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2008 Aug 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/> will take you to the virtual <br />land where all versions of Reader exists. You need to choose platform, <br />version, and language (enu for english).<br /><br />Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue with Acrobat Reader 9.0.0 and a Canon imageRUNNER C3100. The first page will print and thats it. On our other desktops(all running windows xp pro with sp3) version 8 has no issues. I have downloaded and insalled the latest PS3 drivers from Canon as well we had the Canon service reps come in and update the unit with all the latest firmwares and still no go. Adobe if you are our their plese post a fix. Anyone else have anything to ad other than pringing as an image. This is way to slow for our office to use. a 35 page text pdf take 30 minutes to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the "print only the first page" problem, we use Dell W5300N printers, using the latest PS driver from Dell.

Foxit Reader has no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2008 Sep 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue with Adobe Reader 9.0 and our Toshiba e-studio 281c. Only the first page of a multi-page document will print. It worked great until we updated to 9.0!! Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem, ever since I installed Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. It will only print the 1st page on both the Canon ImageRunner C3220 and Kyocera KM4050 printers. The problem is not with the printer drivers - the problem is with Adobe!

My fix has been to open the document using Acrobat Reader (I have 7.0)and it prints fine. Now I'm seeing the same problem on the forums with Acrobat Reader 9.0.

I'm refusing to purchase or download any future upgrades until Adobe acknowledges and fixes this problem. Currently the fix is to revert back to any version prior to 9.0 and you will be able to print just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to report the same problems. Computers in theis office using Windows 2000 and XP SP3 display the samre problem printing to a Kyocera prinetr, but print normally on our Brother, Lanier and HP laserjet printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have the same problem with the full version after upgrading from adobe pro 7 to adobe pro 9 today. OS is xp with sp3, ? No problem before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a better solution to this problem than clicking print as image? possibly a more permanent solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem with a Kyocera KM3232e and there is a workaround for it, although it has not fixed the problem completely.

This fix assumes you are using the kyocera KX driver (this is a universal driver so most kyoceras use this driver.

If you go into the printers and faxes folder, right click on the kyocera printer and select properties, then go to device settings, there will be a button on the screen called "PDL". Note, if the driver is installed on a server and you are on the client pc, this will be greyed out. You will have to log onto the print server to change the setting.
When you click on the button you then be able to "select PDL:" It will probably be set to KPDL. click on the "settings" button and deselect the "allow data passthrough" button. Click Ok until you have closed the kyocera printer window down.

This forces the adobe reader to do more of the processing and it seems to allow the document to print fully. In my particular case this causes the print quality to drop markedly but I think that is a separate issue!!!!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2008 Sep 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an HP550C which will only print the first page of a multi-page doc correctly. With Ver 9, follow-up pages are printed with gibberish characters. With another PC with Ver 8, all printing works properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2008 Sep 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello : I have a HP 4100 deskjet and it will not print the files eather , i found that i can get it to print 10 pages at a time , but they are all written in reverse . So you can not read them , i know a lot of people need to be able to write there own files , but i just need to be able to read and print PDF files . I had adobe 8 but it would not print the CD file Manual sent to me for the DVD player and had me up grade to adobe 9. Problem is if the file was written with adobe8 you have to have it to print it and if it was written with 7,9, then you need those to be able to print the information that was written be those programs . Adobe need to have just one that will read and print all forms .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines