• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing problems with adobe 9

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2008 Sep 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with printing in adobe 9, When a pdf is sent to the printer it only prints 1 page, so if I try to print a 6 page pdf file it will only print page 1. Also if I try to print double sided it only prints single sided, It's like it only recognises the first page of the pdf. I have uninstalled adobe 9 and reinstalled adobe 8 which works fine. I need to have 9 installed and working. The printer I am trying to print to is Utax Colour CDC 1520 printer. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2008 Sep 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you specify the print range in the print dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is set to print all pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant say about printing on single or double sided pages but in my case it prints as many pages without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as well.

Regardless of whether I am printing in Single or Double, I can only print one page and it happens to 2 printers that my office had.
- TOSHIBA e-STUDIO3510cSeries PS3: for Single & Double Sided
- HP 4100 Laser: For single sided

Keeps getting:
"Error undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: NLEJHN+Helvetica

OPERAND STACK:
false"

I don't have such problem with Adobe 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2008 Oct 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem. I'm printing a 19 page padf to a Kyocera FS5025. Regardless of the page range I choose it only prints the 1st page of the range I define.

I have the following error

Error Name : /undefined
Offending Command : POLENJ+Calibri, Bold
Operand Stack : fase

No problems like this with Adobe 8. Is it to do with fonts?

Linda Shaw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2008 Oct 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never seen this one, but there is an option in Acrobat, maybe Reader
too. Try File > Print ; Advanced button ; PostScript optons. If it is
there, use "Font and resource policy: send for each page".

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problems with printing under Acrobat 9 and my Kyocera 2525E printing. I only get the first page printed. Does anyone know an updatefile or another solotion ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this post; it might help.<br /><br />From: DaveGM@adobeforums.com<br />Subject: Re: Reader 9 PDF printing problems<br />Message-ID: <59b61c80.21@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI><br />Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 05:13:13 -0700<br /><br /><quote><br />I am having the same problem with a Kyocera KM3232e and there is a <br />workaround for it, although it has not fixed the problem completely.<br /><br />This fix assumes you are using the kyocera KX driver (this is a <br />universal driver so most kyoceras use this driver.<br /><br />If you go into the printers and faxes folder, right click on the <br />kyocera printer and select properties, then go to device settings, <br />there will be a button on the screen called "PDL". Note, if the <br />driver is installed on a server and you are on the client pc, this <br />will be greyed out. You will have to log onto the print server to <br />change the setting.<br />When you click on the button you then be able to "select PDL:" It <br />will probably be set to KPDL. click on the "settings" button and <br />deselect the "allow data passthrough" button. Click Ok until you <br />have closed the kyocera printer window down.<br /></quote><br />-- <br />Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2008 Dec 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my hard drive crashed, I had to download adobe again and I unfortunately downloaded adobe 9.0. I am unable to print a pdf I received through email. The error is "Before you print related tasks, you need to install a printer." My printers are installed and work fine with Word. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: In Adobe Reader, go to file< print setup< properties< and make sure that "Advanced Printing Features" is set to enabled. I didn't have quite the same problem as you - my HP just stopped printing from Adobe Reader one day. It would act like it was gonna print, take half the paper, and stop. That above was the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2008 Dec 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a network printer : TOSHIBA e-STUDIO3500cSeries PS3
Error undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: NSUOXY+Calibri-bold

OPERAND STACK:
false"

Adobe 8 Ok but Adobe 9 impossibel to ptint pdf document.
I installed the driver in PCL but all of the document printed in black and white.

Guys, did you find a solution to print correctly ?

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone discovered a solution to this printing issue. it is doing the same for me when I try to print to a canon printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2009 Jan 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Adobe 9 on a Dell M5200 network printer. I was able to fix the problem by disabling Postscript Passthrough on the print driver. For all other printer models I suggest taking a look in the postscript section of the advanced settings in your print drivers. There will probably be check-box options that indicate disabling Passthrough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same issue.
1st pages prints OK, 2nd page prints half of it and third page I get this error:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: YPBQWQ+TimesNewRomanPSMT

OPERAND STACK:
false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TY so much Jeff Schlieckau.

I've had same problem as most here with only first page printing.

Removing the "Postscript Passthrough" solved it :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me today.
Received attachment via email and unable to print document.
Saved the PDF file and tried again - same problem.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Reader 9 - same problem.
Error:

The document could not be printed.
There were no pages selected to print.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the suggestion from Aandi's post (post 6)
Never seen this one, but there is an option in Acrobat, maybe Reader
too. Try File > Print ; Advanced button ; PostScript optons. If it is
there, use "Font and resource policy: send for each page".

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but don't have that option.
Problem fixed do.
There was actually a problem with the printer.
Removed the printer and reinstalled.
Works now.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'VE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM and I SOLVED IT:<br /><br /><Offending Command: izrwqt+MyriadPro-Regular<br />Operand Stack:<br />false><br /><br />It appeared this morning and the solution posted by Noel Burgess (see all messages) worked perfectly for me:<br /><br />"This fix assumes you are using the kyocera KX driver (this is a <br />universal driver so most kyoceras use this driver.<br /><br />If you go into the printers and faxes folder, right click on the <br />kyocera printer and select properties, then go to device settings, <br />there will be a button on the screen called "PDL". Note, if the <br />driver is installed on a server and you are on the client pc, this <br />will be greyed out. You will have to log onto the print server to <br />change the setting.<br />When you click on the button you then be able to "select PDL:" It <br />will probably be set to KPDL. click on the "settings" button and <br />deselect the "allow data passthrough" button. Click Ok until you <br />have closed the kyocera printer window down"<br /><br />Thanks again Noel<br /><br />Iva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client of my employers has been repeatedly encountered one of these problems when printing from Adobe Reader 9, where the "ERROR: undefined"and "OFFENDING COMMAND:" messages are displayed near the top of one of the pages in the print output.  This has only been detected recently, and definitely did not happen 6-8 months ago when they installed the software, which uses Adobe InDesign Server, to generate the PDF's.

They encountered it first when printing a specific PDF document from Adobe Reader 9.0.0 to a Canon IRC4080I.  It also occurred after upgrading to Adobe Reader 9.1.0.  To rule out a possible problem with the document, they retrieved some PDF's that were made in January of this year, which must have been able to be printed out at that point in time, and tried to print them from Adobe Reader 9.0.0 using the Canon printer.  The same error occurred.

In order to narrow down the problem, they tested printing the same document with Adobe Reader 8 (not sure which minor version) on Windows XP, printing on the same Canon printer and it worked successfully.

They then upgraded that machine's Reader to 9.0.0 and found that the error occurred when printing the same document from that machine then.  They also tried with version 9.1.0 and this did not rectify the problem.  However, after reading the KnowledgeBase advice at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403914.html  I suggested that they try printing the same document on a different model of printer (an HP printer, not sure which model) and it printed successfully.

Further evidence suggesting a print driver problem was provided by the fact that we cannot reproduce it in the office where I work on either of our two types of printer, which are Epson Stylus Photo R200 and Samsung ML-1200:  printing the same document in Adobe Reader v.8.1.3 and 9.1.0 on Windows Vista and 9.1.0 on Windows XP to those printers has not produced the error message.

Although I have been liaising with our client's IT support and recommending some of the configuration solutions that have been posted in this thread, my concern is that our client sends out PDF-format documents for advertising purposes to their clients, and that it is not acceptable to them to accompany the PDF with detailed instructions on how to configure drivers to make it print - the end client may simply not bother.

If Adobe are reading this, I wonder whether they could let us know whether they are developing a compatibility fix to Reader, or whether this problem is better raised with the printer manufacturers, in this case Canon, to encourage them to make their drivers compatible?

Thanks very much,

Gareth Morgan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another solution/Workaround is to go into the advanced printing options, and put a check in PRINT AS IMAGE option. I think this is printer driver issue, as we had this problem with a TOSHIBA e-STUDIO450, but it prints fine on the TOSHIBA e-STUDIO2830C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem.  This is the error I keep getting: ERROR: undefined OFFENDING COMMAND: 1. #NAN

STACK: 4.5479e-34

Because this is a company printer, I'm unable to disable the passthrough.  Its grayed out.  I've tried to print this particular pdf at 3 different printers. A canon 5185, a HP 5550PS, and a HP 4015.  It can print fine in black and white at the 4015 with no problem but in color that's when it stops at certain pages and gives that error.  Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines