• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1935 - An error occured during the installation assembly

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2008 Feb 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to download Acrobat Reader 8.1.2 I get the following error message: Error 1935 - An error occured during the installation assembly. I have Microsoft Vista - Internet Explorer 7. I have a Dell computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that I have the same problem
Adobe Reader 8.1.2 Installer Information
On MS Vista Business even when installed as administrator
Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly.
'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version='8.0.50727.163",type="win32",publicKeyToken='1fc89_bla_bla_bla_8e3b".processorArchitecture="x86".Please refer to Help and Supp... OK
Stephen Castle
scastle@parkrosehedge.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not alone.

Lots of things tried. None worked for me so far.

Search Results for Error 1935

36 matches found

n Topic name: Error 1935 - An error occured during the installation assembly
Forum name: Adobe Reader - Message #1
Posted By: Stephen Castle - Feb 17, 2008 04:18 pm
I think that I have the same problem Adobe Reader 8.1.2 Installer Information On MS Vista Business even when installed as administrator Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly. 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version='8.0.50727.163",

Discussion: Topic name: Error 1935 - An error occured during the installation assembly
Forum name: Adobe Reader
Posted By: Ismael Dieppa - Feb 17, 2008 04:18 pm
Every time I try to download Acrobat Reader 8.1.2 I get the following error message: Error 1935 - An error occured during the installation assembly. I have Microsoft Vista - Internet Explorer 7. I have a Dell computer.

n Topic name: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
Forum name: Adobe Reader - Message #6
Posted By: T M - Jan 6, 2008 12:28 pm
For Error 1935 Open a command prompt from the start menu as an administrator Type in: fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\ Restart and try again. I was having multiple issues with my machine, one of them being Error 1935 with Acrobat. The ot

Forum name: Adobe Reader - Message #4
Posted By: Saundra Ashley - Dec 20, 2007 02:11 pm
Would this work on Vista Home Premium? My error is Error 1935, see forum for my original posting unable to download 8.0 and 8.1.1 Thanks Saundra

Forum name: Adobe Reader - Message #3
Posted By: Saundra Ashley - Dec 20, 2007 02:07 pm
I am having difficulty downloading Reader 8.1.1. I am running Vista Premium Home Edition and when I tried 4 times to download I received Error 1935(see forum on Topics Page for 8.0 & 8.1.1). Now I am sitting with no reader since the download convenie

n Topic name: Error 1935
Forum name: Adobe Reader - Message #5
Posted By: bob bedell - Feb 10, 2008 06:14 am
I received a message to update the adobe reader in my laptop. I clicked proceed, but it would not finish installing. I received the same error message, 1935, as above. Also, pdf files can NOT now be opened! My OS is windows vista. All I want to do is go b

Discussion: Topic name: Error 1935
Posted By: BenDavis - Feb 16, 2008 12:02 pm
Whenever I try and install Adobe Reader, I get the following messgae: Erroe 1935. Adn error occured during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT.version="8.0.50727.163"'publicKey Toekn="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"'processorArchitectur

n Topic name: Can't Install Premiere Elements 4.0 Error 1935
Forum name: Premiere Elements - Message #2
Posted By: Russel Brunton - Feb 14, 2008 10:39 pm
I had the same exact problem as Charles Kaiser, "Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {97F81AF1-oE47-DC99-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x80070005.". Any help.

Discussion: Topic name: Can't Install Premiere Elements 4.0 Error 1935
Forum name: Premiere Elements
Posted By: Charles Kaiser - Feb 15, 2008 04:20 am
When trying to install Premiere Elements 4.0, everything cranks along fine until I get the pop-up "Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {97F81AF1-oE47-DC99-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x80070005." So wh

n Topic name: 8.1.2 error 1935
Forum name: Adobe Reader - Message #1
Posted By: Werner F Hartl - Feb 11, 2008 10:54 am
Tried running fsutil per suggestion of TM. Didn't work. Search "error 1935" for this suggestion and other users with same problem. I notice no suggestions (that work) for a fix. Is that it? Now I can't open any pdf documents on my computer? W

Discussion: Topic name: 8.1.2 error 1935
Posted By: Werner F Hartl - Feb 14, 2008 08:16 am
Using Vista. Accepted offer to update. This removed Reader from my machine. When I tried to download and install got error 1935.

n Topic name: 8.1.2 error 1935
Forum name: Adobe Reader - Message #2
Posted By: Werner F Hartl - Feb 14, 2008 08:16 am
Got fix from another post (Laura Finateau). Go to Microsoft web site: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/ca7d15d7-8ee3-4993-bd01-753dadc904121033.mspx It's the same fix as already mentioned. When I first tried it the problem may hav

Discussion: Topic name: Vista/Reeder error 1935
Posted By: Laura Finatean - Feb 14, 2008 07:56 am
Error 1935 when trying to download/install Reeder. Tried everything, finally the 5th technician solved it with this: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/ca7d15d7-8ee3-4993-bd01-753dadc904121033.mspx

Discussion: Topic name: 8.1.2 error 1935
Posted By: Werner F Hartl - Feb 11, 2008 09:51 am
Downloaded a pdf file with a 4 day download restriction. I was close. Downloaded and opened file and got popup from adobe offering to update to 8.1.2. I accepted. Lost "reader" and coudn't reinstall- got error 1935.

n Topic name: Adobe 8 Standard in Vista
Forum name: Acrobat Windows - Message #6
Posted By: wmcalpine - Sep 10, 2007 06:31 am
I have tried everything to install version 8.1 for Windows Vista. After getting halfway complete, I get the following error and install ends: Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly "Microsoft.VC80.CRT, version = 8.0.50727

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All versions of 8x I tried had this problem - several diff old versions.
Version 7 says it has compatibility problem with Visa so I stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. It occurred after an Adobe update!
no luck in finding a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this
In Start- Search Box type "Command Prompt" and enter (don't type quotes)
Right click and select "Run as Administrator"
Then type and enter:
fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\
you should get message "operation completed successfully."

then restart

reinsatall Adobe Reader. NO ERRROR 1935

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 1935 - An error occured during the installation assembly

E:\Windows\system32>fsutil resource setautoreset true e:\
The operation completed successfully.

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of
assembly
"Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version="8.0.50727.163",type="
win32",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a bla bla bla
Please refer to help and setup

Soooo, did not work for me.

And I can not get into help and setup because old version
is blitzed and can not ready any pdf's. Thank goodness
I only upgraded one PC to this darn Vista so all other PC's are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOOOPS! Forgot the trick!!
So there were three engineers in the car when it stopped working and coasted to a stop. The chemical engineer said "We are out of gas." The electrical engineer said, "No look at the gas gauge, it is an electrical problem". The Microsoft engineer said, "No. You both are wrong. I've seen this problem before. Close all the windows and re-start the car."

Well the reboot after the command, did clear out the log file and:
Walla!! Ain't google grand. And thank you Adobe for the Forum that worked.

tks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite trying the fsutil fix, including ensuring i was at the 'root' directory of c:\, i still have the problem. I get the same error 1935 error when attempting to load office 2007 and windows update does not work, resulting in an 8007000b error code....all this points exactly to the aforementioned fix which is not working. any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2008 Feb 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other drives like d: or e: that might contain OS files?
Did you go to the microsoft web site and read what they had to say.
After running the long command form to root directory of ever drive,
remember to reboot, and 1st thing after the machine comes up try again.
Lof off and log on does not do it. You must reboot or shut down first
may be even better. The log file is not truncated by the command.
It only marks it for truncation on next shut down and then start up gives you a clean file as I understand it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw the error on one of my friend's machines. Here is a dirty but sure fix (But you should follow it only if none of the above mentioned options work for you):
Do the following whenever you see the error during installation:
1. DO NOT CLOSE THE ERROR MESSAGE
2. While the error window is still open, go to the "Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader" folder under the "Program Files" directory (typically "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader") - This is the folder where adobe creates its temporary installation files.
3. Copy all the files from this folder to a temporary folder.
4. Now Click on the "OK" button to close the error message.
5. Copy all the files back from the temporary folder back to the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader" folder.
6. You can now double click on the "AcroRd32.exe" file to open adobe.
THATs IT!!!
7. The only thing that this will prevent from happening is the default association of pdf files with the adobe acrobat reader. You can do this through the following steps:
a. Right click on an adobe document
b. Select "Choose program" from the context menu that opens up.
c. "Adobe 8.1.x" should show up for most of you by default. Select this option and that will get you going.
d. Browse to the "Program Files\Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader" folder and select "AcroRd32.exe" if "Adobe 8.1.x" does not automatically show up for you.

Cheers,
Gaurav
gmahajan02@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw the error on one of my friend's machines. Here is a dirty but sure fix (But you should follow it only if none of the above mentioned options work for you):
Do the following whenever you see the error during installation:
1. DO NOT CLOSE THE ERROR MESSAGE
2. While the error window is still open, go to the "Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader" folder under the "Program Files" directory (typically "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader") - This is the folder where adobe creates its temporary installation files.
3. Copy all the files from this folder to a temporary folder.
4. Now Click on the "OK" button to close the error message.
5. Copy all the files back from the temporary folder back to the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader" folder.
6. You can now double click on the "AcroRd32.exe" file to open adobe.
THATs IT!!!
7. The only thing that this will prevent from happening is the default association of pdf files with the adobe acrobat reader. You can do this through the following steps:
a. Right click on an adobe document
b. Select "Choose program" from the context menu that opens up.
c. "Adobe 8.1.x" should show up for most of you by default. Select this option and that will get you going.
d. Browse to the "Program Files\Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader" folder and select "AcroRd32.exe" if "Adobe 8.1.x" does not automatically show up for you.

Cheers,
Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACROBAT / ADOBE CS3 / DREAMWEAVER / PRODUCTION PREMIUM.

If you're having trouble with 64 bit windows vista and have been through a couple of frustrating install attempts, try Stephen Castle's method (above)

"In Start- Search Box type "Command Prompt" and enter (don't type quotes)
Then type and enter:

[repeat for each os/application drive]

***then restart***

reinsatall Adobe Reader/other adobe app.

This did the trick for me, once I did this I got Adobe Reader to go, then dreamweaver and CS3 production premium installed cleanly and quickly.

before that I got this error:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly. 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version='8.0.50727.163",

and every install attempt rolled back.

Good luck and THANK YOU Stephen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly the same problem I'm having - tried rebooting, that didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Customer Service - that's a joke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it took a couple of tries, but finally I got it installed using the "command prompt" method. Thank God for people in forums who are way more computer literate than I am...thank you Stephen, Christopher, & Lesley...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2008 Mar 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this so any help is appreciated. I have Windows Vista. I tried the advice mentioned above:

In Start- Search Box type "Command Prompt" and enter (don't type quotes)
Then type and enter:

When I right clicked, there was no option to "Run as Administrator". However, I did the rest and got "operation completed successfully." I restarted the computer and tried to reinstall Adobe Reader 8.1.2. I got the same error 1935. Are there any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2008 Mar 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick message of appreciation to Gaurav whose recommendation made the remedy very easy after the previous suggestions had already failed. My Reader 8.1.2 is up and running. Great thanks. Branch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need your help. I want to install adobe reader 8.1.2. thru Command line . My requirements as follows.

Source file : AdbeRdr812_en_US.exe

1. i need to uninstall the older version ( Eg. Adobe 7.0)

2. Need to install 8.1.2 in silent mode
3. Auto update option should be disabled
4. End user license should not displayed

can anyone help me . i am eagerly waiting for Answer . I will be very thank full if give me correct command line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>need your help. I want to install adobe reader 8.1.2. thru Command line .

first take a look at Adobe's documents on Enterprise Deployment.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2008 Mar 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i did this and it says the FSUTIL requires that you have administrative priviledges. what now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2008 Mar 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same from me. Thanks Gaurav.

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In Start- Search Box type "Command Prompt" and enter (don't type quotes)
Then type and enter:

[repeat for each os/application drive]

# **then restart***

reinstall Adobe Reader/other adobe app.

I have installed EVERYTHING NOW. ADOBE READER, PHOTOSHOP, ILLUSTRATOR.

don't forget to type command prompt and NOT PUSH ENTER. when it comes up in the long window right click on it and click run as administrator there. then push enter and it will open the black window. then cut and copy the fsutil thing. ok.

i also ran a CS3 clean several times to get rid of all the weird trials and stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
ok goodness.
thank God for people like you.
that find the cure.
but then share it as well.
good job mate.
PIratX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines