• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save as PDF 1.3 or 1.4 versions in Adobe Reader 8???

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello --

I need to convert a file that's PDF version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x) into a PDF 1.3 or 1.4 version and having no luck. I currently have a PC with Windows XP Home edition, and installed with Adobe Reader version 8.1.2. The file I need to rework was produced in Adobe PDF Library 8.0.

I've been trying to upload the PDF onto a website for eventual production of business cards, and the instructions I get along with the error message do not work with the version of Acrobat Reader I have (see below for instructions). In fact, I've done searches on "optimizer", "compatibility" and everything else you can imagine, but I can't find how to do this anywhere in my Acrobat program. Can anyone please help - I'm desperate and on a deadline!

Many thanks in advance!
----------------------------
2 SETS OF INSTRUCTIONS:
PDF compatibility level is too high. Supported PDF versions are PDF 1.3 and PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 4, 5 and 6). If you are using Acrobat 7 or higher you will need to save your file at a lower PDF compatibility level.

Use File -> Reduce File Size ... or Advanced -> PDF Optimizer ... commands to change PDF compatibility level.

OR

Please use the File -> Reduce File Size ... or Advanced -> PDF Optimizer ... commands to change PDF compatibility level.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat are different programs. You can buy Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? I am having the same problem.

PDF compatibility level is too high. Supported PDF versions are PDF 1.3 and PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 4, 5 and 6). If you are using Acrobat 7 or higher you will need to save your file at a lower PDF compatibility level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
> I am having the same problem.

Then you too have to use Acrobat (not Reader).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines