• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate in help - is it really feasible

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2007 Jan 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your experience, have many people in this forum found a need for using Captivate movies in a WebHelp project? I would think that this would be limited, unless you can be assured that a majority of your customer base (customers who view help systems you create) have either a DSL or cable web modem connection.

Is there more of a use for (or is it more practical to use) Captivate movies in .CHM files?

Also, is Adobe going to bundle Captivate with RH6 in the future?

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey, Jim.
Yes, many in my Adobe Captivate and RoboHelp classes are specifically asking me about including Captivate movies into their RoboHelp topics. While the vast majority are deployed in a broadband environment, one of the nice things about the Flash format is that it is lightweight and even works surprisingly well on a dial up modem connection. Naturally, the addition of a lot ot sound and video will slow delivery down. But, for the normal software tutorial demo, delivery works equally well in WebHelp or CHM formats.
As for bundling RH and Captivate in the future, that would certainly make sense from a marketing standpoint. I don't know how that works?
Thanx,
John
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp