• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catch compile info from imported MakeOTF module

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2004 Jul 08, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When executing MakeOTF from the command line, it sends basic compile info to stdout. Is it possible to catch the same info when using the MakeOTF module from within a script as an imported module? I can't find anything about this in the docs and nothing seems to be returned as far as I can see.

/mårten
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this doesn't answer, but why dont you use the python grphical interface??

Jordi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use MakeOTF in a build process that does a lot of other things as well in one run. An alternative is of course to make command line executions from within this process for each font in the build project, but that is not as smooth as using the module loaded in the build script.

/mårten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2004 Jul 13, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Roberts would be the best one to answer this question, but he is on sabbatical right now. When he returns in a couple of weeks, I'm sure he will try to address this.

Sorry for the delay.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2004 Jul 14, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The makeotf library actually dumps to a temporary text file. MakeOTF.py then opens this and copies it to stdout. Look in MakeOTF.py just after the makeotf library is called, and you will see this, I think that the temp dump file name is set by one of the arguments to the makeotf library call, but am on vacation and check in the source code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2004 Jul 15, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Read.

/mårten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 15, 2004 Jul 15, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Read, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be on vacation! :)

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines