• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Definition of hint overlap

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2004 Jul 16, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont know if this is a FDK or FontLab question, it depends a little bit on the answer. I try it here; its maybe not OK to discuss FDK related issues in a public forum like the MSN FontLab one.

So, what is the exact definition of a hint overlap? Are two touching hints, e.g. a vhint starting at position 30 with a width of 40 and the next vhint starting at position 70, overlapping or not? I cant find anything about this in the T1 spec.

The reason Im asking is that FDK and FontLab (at least 4.6.0.0/Win) seems to have different opinions about this. FDKs compiler warns when finding touching hints. The same is true for the hint width checking feature in Compare Family. FontLab however, does not warn for touching hints and it does not insert a hint replacement when applying the auto replace command.

/mårten
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2004 Jul 26, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I agree that the spec is not clear.

The implemenation in Adobe's rasterization code says that touching hints are overlapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines