• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenType in OS 9

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2002 Aug 29, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to use OpenType fonts with OS 9?
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2002 Aug 29, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use OpenType fonts on OS 8.6 and higher. You just need ATM 4.6 (the same utility that enables Type 1 support on these OS versions). The "Light" version of ATM is a free download from our downloads page.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2002 Sep 03, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... That's all taken care of but I still can't seem to get Suitcase to recognize the fonts my client gave me. Do I need to drop them in the system folder or can a font managment program handle them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, on that score the news is not so good.

Suitcase doesn't recognize OpenType .otf fonts on Mac OS 8 and 9. The latest version does do OpenType on OS X, and their activation of OpenType fonts on OS X does not work with Classic applications.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... how would one use OpenType fonts on System 9.x? Drop it in the system folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll work, if you're using ATM Light 4.6 or higher. If you're using ATM Deluxe (4.6+), you can activate them just like any other fonts.

Installation and system requirements are covered in the OpenType User Guide (PDF), and app compatibility and the like is in the OpenType readme (HTML). See http://www.adobe.com/type/opentype for links to these docs.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2002 Nov 22, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to see my question has been answered already! I'd like to extend it a bit though...
If we put .otf fonts in our System Folder (while using Suitcase 10) are there any downfalls other than not having control over turning them on or off?

Apple recommends keeping a basic 10 or so fonts in that folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 26, 2002 Nov 26, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nope, no downfalls other than not being able to turn them off.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines