• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Leave Unicode index empty

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2005 Feb 16, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to force FDK to _not_ assign Unicode index values in the PUA for glyphs that are not in the AGL 1.2 or have an explicit uni-index set in the GOADB, and leave them empty instead? It is possible when using the FDK embedded in FL but I can't find an option for it in the FDK docs, apart from not using the GOADB feature at all.

/mårten
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to do this with the FDK. Sorry!

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some more trial & error testing and I think I found a way. Here it is if someone is interested.

Add a value consisting of non-hex data in the third column in the GOADB, like uniX or NULL and FDK will leave the Unicode index empty for that glyph. And the best of all, no error is reported.

I also did a diff between two OT files; one using this "feature" and one not, and the only differens is the non-existent unicode values for that particular glyph.

/mårten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 23, 2005 Feb 23, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey, clever hack! We didn't do that on purpose, but it's nice to know there's a workaround.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines