• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie question...

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2005 Aug 11, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you don't mind if I pollute your forum with a dumb question but I just purchased my favorite font of all time from the Adobe store (Graphite)
and it seems that if I use the font in an application (MS Word, for example) and then email the doc to someone, their system does not display the font as Graphite but substitutes another generic font in its place.

This is *really* bumming me out since I doubt anyone I know has that font installed on their system.

Is it the case that I can't use it in electronic docs that I intend to share with others? That would be a real shame.

Thanks for reading.

Nelson
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2005 Nov 04, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send them a PDF file, it will embed your font for that document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 14, 2005 Nov 14, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In general, when you specify fonts in email, you are relying on the other person having the same font. This is also mostly the case for HTML (with some exceptions). PDF or some similar document format that has an agreed-on approach for embedded fonts is your best solution.

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines