• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opentype and Indesign

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2006 Jul 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I edit an opentype font and then save it again so I can see the Glyphs in Indesign.

I can make change to the opentype, but when I save it it is a truetype, I can use this in other programs, but Indesign will not let me see the Glyphs or write with it.
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2006 Jul 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do not know which program are you using to edit your OpenType fonts, but you need a program like FontLab, that not only edit the glyphs, but the Features in the font as well.

Jordi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used font creator 5.0

Have been to FontLab, but there products all have a virus in the program, when it is being downloaded.

Have have tryed VOLT, but that is to hard for me. And when I re saved a fil, it is still, only TrueType.

But why is InDesign the only program that does want me to write with the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font Creator is a very basic product, with very limited capabilities.
It should NEVER be used to EDIT a font because it will remove some
functions from a font.

There are no viruses in FontLab, if you obtain it from its maker,
http://www.fontlab.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just need a SIMPLE font editor, to make opentype files to do "CE" typing with a normal keyboard.

In Indesign I can take the Glyphs one by one and then do some kerning. But this will take to much time. Maybe I can do some unicode, but I don't no how to do this with the keyboard. ALT+0169 = ©, but is this unicode? But then I still need to do a one by one and the kerning in the document. This will do for small work, but I need to do a hole lot of text with "Central Euro" Glyphs.

By the way, www.fontlab.com HAS VIRUS or an trojan in there files to download, my virus alert wouldn't download them. I could turn it of, but I don't want virus, trojan or spyware or what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just need a SIMPLE font editor, to make opentype files to do "CE" typing with a normal keyboard.

No SIMPLE font editor can do that. FontLab is your best bet, but it is complicated to learn.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2006 Jul 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claus,

could you kindly contact Fontlab Ltd. at http://www.fontlab.com/problem/ and send a screenshot illustrating the message you’re getting?

Regards,
Adam Twardoch
Fontlab Ltd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2006 Jul 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Looks like my virus program doesn't find the trojan vira.

But how to use Opentype fonts when er IS "CE" type in the opentype font... fx a dash over an a,e,o,i or a komma , under a k,l or n.

How do I use the glyphs to make the font with them in the opentype

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines