• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open fonts in Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2002 Oct 03, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently purchased Myriad Pro Open Type and it won't seem to work in Illustrator V.7? Is there any reason for this? It works in every other package? Is it because it is not a Open Type TTF? Any help please.
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any of you font geniuses know how to transform an opentype Pscript font into a Truetype font so I can get it working in Illustrator? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 7 is not compatible with OpenType .otf fonts (OpenType fonts with CFF PostScript outlines). Illustrator 8, 9 and 10 are all compatible with OpenType fonts.

Although you could use FontLab 4 to convert the font to OpenType-TrueType, it would be easier and cheaper to simply upgrade your copy of Illustrator to a more recent version.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I NEED TO ADD SOME FONTS TO ILLUSTRATOR CS2, THE FONTS WERE GIVEN TO ME ON A CD SO, I WENT TO ILLUSTRATOR FOLDERS AND LOOKED FOR THE ONE WITH THE FONTS AND SIMPLY ADDED THE FONTS FROM THE CD TO THE FONTS FOLDER FOR ILLUSTRATOR AND RESTARTED THE COMPUTER AND WHEN I WENT I WENT TO OPEN AN ARTFILE ON ILLUSTRATOR IT WAS STILL TELLING ME THAT THE ARTWORK WAS STILL MISSING THE FONTS THAT I SUPPOSELY JUST ADDED TO THE FONTS LIBRARY ON ILLUSTRATOR. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY ADD FONTS FROM A CD TO ILLUSTRATOR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You might want to post your question on the Illustrator or the Typography forum, rather than adding to a five-year-old thread in a forum for font development. Also it would help if you didn't post in all caps.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines