Installed Python 2.3 alpha 1 to C:\Program Files\OpenType FDK\Python 2.3

Installed WinTTX 2.0b1

When trying to install

Numeric-22.0.win32-py2.2.exe

and

FFTPACK2-3.1.win32-py2.2.exe

The message received was

'Python 2.2 not found in the registry'

Is there a problem with 2.3 instead of 2.2 or I did something wrong?

Are the last two apps necessary?

Help! :(
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2003 Jan 09, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY IGNORE THIS MESSAGE

2.3 doesn't work

installed 2.2 work ok

My apologies again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2003 Jan 10, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: The FontTools/TTX package, which depends in turn on Numeric-22.0.win32-py2.2.exe , is necessary only for the CompareFamily program. The rest of the FDK works fine without this.

Congratulations on getting it all installed for Python 2.2. I just helped someone in-house install the FDK, and found that the Windows install instructions need updating!

Unfortunately the WinTTX package is not enough to run the Compare family tools. From the same source as the TTX program, you need to install instead the source files. You will find a python script at the top level directory called 'setup.py'. You need to run this froma command window, with the option "install", e.g. "setup.py install".

Or you can wait until early Feb, when a new version of the FDK, with more up-to-date install isntructions, will be made available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2003 Jan 11, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I am trying to understand the technology at the moment and to be honest - it's not easy to perceive so many small sub-apps... why, what, when... etc.

BTW, how many of the mentioned (in install instructions) sub apps do I really need when:

Opening an existent Type 1 or TTF fonts, adding special chars (zcaron and other)and reencoding them?

I can add chars either in Fontographer or FontLab, I am familiar with that.

Generate font files in Fontographer also.

Then what?

So far I did a bit of exploring (MakeOTF) etc., there are many terms I need to familiarize with - I get that, I will do that.

What I am missing here is a simple guidelines - workflow guidelines exactly.

Meaning how can I get an overview picture here prior to exploring details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2003 Jan 14, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Basically, you need to have all the glyphs complete and build an input font. The FDK isn't a design tool, more of a compiler. You can add OpenType layout features with it, control certain entries in the name table and OS/2 table, etc.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines