• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OSX FDK Installation problems?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2003 Mar 06, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for help with the installation on newer OSX. My 17" PF Jaguar IMac has python already installed, but it seems the FDK FinishInstall.py instructions are not up to date? (They seem written for OS9 or older OSX versions)

I must confess I'm a UNIX newbie, but I can navigate the teminal window, enter python, even run .py scripts!? but I encounter endless "can't find the file" errors.

If anyone has the patience to walk me through the basics of installing on a fresh new Jaguar Mac, I'd be forever grateful.

-andy
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2003 Mar 10, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that the FinishInstallation.py scsript is broken for OSX . However, rather than walk you through the lengthy process of manual installation, I ask that you revist the FDK web site on Weds AM. Sometime tomorrow there wil be a new version of the FDK posted, which has good installation instructions for OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2003 Mar 12, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The documentation is very clear, and the install worked quickly and easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2003 Sep 20, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that on March 10, 2003 there was an FDK for MacOS X on the Web. Now there is none, at least I can't reach it. Could somebody point me to a different location, besides http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/type/otfdk/downloads/
which doesn't work, to fetch that file?

Thanks

Yannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yannis,

try this link:

http://partners.adobe.com/asn/tech/type/otfdk/index.jsp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2003 Sep 21, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2003 Sep 24, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the "Adobe guys" were busy and didn't realize the problem until now but we're working on it and site should be back very soon.

Antoine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2003 Sep 25, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the download links be available today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2003 Sep 29, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I hope the links will be fixed today, but cannot guarantee that this will happen even by the end of the week. We suffer from the fact that another group maintains the web site, and that group has been hit by surge of higher priority issues. As soon as the team has a spare 30 minutes, the fix will happen. I will keep complaining so that the problem remains fresh in their minds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines