This content has been marked as final. Show 384 replies
I wish AE would "properly" number Comps in the project window -- or add a leading zero to duplicates 2-9.
NICE, Andrew!! :)
* I want to see a huge composite Masking upgrade = variable edge softness on a "point by point" basis. In other words, the ability to change softness BETWEEN points instead of just feathering the entire mask.
* I would like to see a 3D Tracker added to the Professional version :)
to be continued...
-Flash-like vector painting tools.
-3D vectors into .SWF
-Flash-like layer folders
If only Adobe were the company that made Flash...
Please fix this
1. Font navigation in AE7 Everything is ok if you can 100 fonts, but with 2000 is nightmare!!! Suggestions:
a. Ok you can find font with typing first letter,
but I need list from that position, or typing
firs 3 letters of font name!
b. like AE6.5 we had a scroll bar to easily get to any font.
2. NON-standard characters problem (like east-European code pages)
3. 64bit version (addressing more than 2GB ram)
4. Precomp dropdowns
5. New motion graph is superb but also please back old motion graph
I'd love to see a flash engine in AE so that you could just import and FLA straight into the timeline (perhaps as a comp like PSDs or AIs).
Also it's ridiculous that programs like Combustion have the ability to edit vectors (like AI files) right in the composition but AE doesn't. (maybe this is in 7 which I dont have cos my company wont shell out for the upgrade even though the "remember interpretation EPS number bug is fixed and we really need that). I filled this in the feature request forms ages ago but to no avail.
Faster interface, faster interface, faster interface! (like back in the 6.5 days... ahhh!)
Please give us the option to go back to the much faster and responsive old interface or fix the current one so it doesn't lag anymore...IMO this should be the highest priority right now along with the hiding issue. Give us options to disable the font smoothing and fancy graphics to its bare minimum (think discreet's flame).
Please put back the option to change the cell height on the Timeline window. It used to be much smaller and as a result I can see less layers fitting in the window in AE7 in comparison to AE6.5. This is a direct example of the interface getting in the way of...working.
Fix the Timeline tabs so they don't rearrange themselves alphabetically when I reopen the project. And another vote to lose the "Timeline" word.
Add more options besides the Ease In/Out/Ease. Cinema4D has a very cool approach to this and there are very useful presets such as "Slow" (object reduces speed in a realistic way, i.e. a ball rolling on the grass and gradually coming to a stop), "Fast" (quick burst of speed in the beginning, i.e. the same ball after being kicked, a bullet, etc.)
Speed, speed, speed. Did I say this should be the top priority? :)
Better color matching between Illustrator, Photoshop and AE.
I would love adjustment layers to have a layer depth parameter. So, for example, an Adjustment Layer with layer depth=1 would only effect one layer beneath it. An Adjustment layer with layer depth=10 would effect the 10 layers beneath it, etc. You could turn it to infinity or 0 or something to make it behave as it does now and effect every layer beneath it.
- A crop tool for comps.
- Folders in the timeline.
- Adjustment Layers with effects in the project window. Or Effects instances/objects (If one wishes to swap out/adjust effects to a huge number of individual comps)
- A switch to make layer(s) non-rendering but visible in the timeline.
- Selectable attributes that children inherit. (Like Children can inherit X position, opacity [or effects!] from Parents.)
- Lots of expression favorites.
Here's a clarification of #3
- A switch to make a background layer(s) non-rendering but visible while working in the comp. (Think Guides, but with images. Many 3D apps lets you have a background image that's automatically turned off in the final render)
- Ability to modify multiple selections at the same time in the project window. Such as, selecting several pieces of footage, and changing them all to 29.97, Straight Matte/Premult, etc.
-Ability to view what children are linked to what parents in the Comp Flowchart View.
A Log / Capture / lay off window.
-Update timecode display during RAM Preview.
-Have the option of the playhead stopping on the timeline where I stop a RAM Preview instead of jumping back to its original position.
> A crop tool for comps.
Crop comp to Region Of Interest is a crop tool for comps!
> Adjustment Layers with effects in the project window. Or Effects instances/objects (If one wishes to swap out/adjust effects to a huge number of individual comps)
Can't you use Effect Favourites to do that?
> A switch to make layer(s) non-rendering but visible in the timeline. - A switch to make a background layer(s) non-rendering but visible while working in the comp. (Think Guides, but with images. Many 3D apps lets you have a background image that's automatically turned off in the final render)
Check out Guide Layers - they already exist! :-)
-Thank you! The region of interest crop is hidden in the output module window! Sneaky! A permanent crop tool would be nice too.
-Thanks for the tip on Guide Layers. I thought I remember reading about them, but overlooked them in the online help. (I jumped from AE 6 to 7 so never got used to them in 6.5)
I've been using AE since the CoSA days, and I just learned two things today! :)
-I'm not sure about Effect Favorites. Could I swap out (or adjust) an effect on an adjustment layer in 100 comps without opening each one up and applying the favorite?
- Better/smoother/easier network rendering?
- Integrate some of that cool Nucleo Pro stuff into AE.
Instanced adjustment layers can be created now using nested comps and collapse transformations.
-Aquire all the After Effects plug-ins from Fnordware.com. They have Ubercolor (a ColorSync matching plug), Power Color Picker (live on-screen color palette in the effect controls), and better PNG & TIFF export plug-ins.
-Better layer management in the timeline. Expand/collaspe, folders, minimize/maximize, visibility groups, multiple shy states... sumthin'!
The ability to enable/disable more than one expression at a time.
An expressions error log window/palette/pane, instead of the dialogs that pop up now (clicking through a couple dozen of these at a time can be a real pain).
Some equivalent to header files or macros for expressions. In other words, a construct for defining custom functions or blocks of code that can be referenced in expressions without having to be defined over and over again. This would be a huge timesaver.
The ability to search the entire project (comps, text layers, expressions), not just the project window.
On the masking wish, check out Silhouette Roto, it has a feather tool that allows for selective softness on parts of the mask.
And I guess this is where I'd put in a request for b-splines in AE.
I know about Silhouette Roto. I don't want a plug-in. I want those features integrated into After Effects so I don't need a plug-in...hence the Feature Request :P
Amen to these...
"1. Font navigation in AE7 Everything is ok if you can 100 fonts, but with 2000 is nightmare!!!"
"3. 64bit version (addressing more than 2GB ram)"
and to smaller layers in the interface.
Oh yea and how about not making AE self destructive...
> Oh yea and how about not making AE self destructive...
Lets keep the requests legitimate so we are taken seriously. If you have a beef with a bug, start a seperate thread.
I think he was referring to the hide issue...
I would like to add
Script for make proxy of all selected footage
(Now you have to make it one by one)
Ctrl + Shift + pageup or pagedown for selecting all layer from selected one to top or bottom
Graph editor with curves as Combustion (i would like the same kind of scale also for position...)
- Better 3D navigation >> 3-Button Mouse navigation (zoom, pan, rotate).
- Turn off pasteboard boundaries in multi 3D view setups.
Thanks again to Andrew Yoole for making this Wish List a "Sticky" - allowing Adobe & everyone else to see it & take note :)
No probs at all! Keep throwing the suggestions in to make the Forum better - happy to help.
- Some basic NLE features that would apply to AE. Like Ripple Delete, Insert editing and a gap finder?
- Similarly, tools or functions to help reduce dragging layers and keyframes back and forth in time. I'd love to insert 1 second of footage for all my layers at the beginning of my comp (while also moving all keyframes down one second).
- 32-bit 128x128 Mac icon previews on all still image files.
Just for S & G's, I dropped a note on Steve Kilisky's Blog (Sr. Product Manager for Adobe After Effects) to please pop on over here and take a look at our list. He is on vacation spending some quality time with his family and is not answering any emails at this time. Hopefully mine got through to be read at least and Steve is peeking in :P
Hi Steve! We miss you!!!
- How about annotations? Like Acrobat & Photoshop's sticky notes. Leave some helpful project notes for others. (Yeah, I know you can make a note with a new comp with the text tool, but sticky notes wouldn't be so clunky.)
You can leave notes in the timeline, of course.
What I want to see is 3D layer REFLECTIONS.
Something like within the 'Material Options' of any 3d layer. You have Ambient, Diffuse, Specular, Shininess, Metal and REFLECTION - you have a slider from 0 to 100% which makes the reflection more or less visible.
I know that you can do it using Combustion, but I prefer to use AE, so I don't see why it hasn't been added to AE yet.
- The ability to step backward out of a pre-comp to view the enclosing comp.
Better explained here: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc153a5/4
- Text anti-aliasing styles identical to Photoshop. (Having a heck of a time matching type crispness)