• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 6 trial version

Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2007 Jan 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to run the trial version of RoboHelp6 but it won't install without a recent version of Word installed on my computer. I don't use Word and have no intention of buying it. Has Robohelp done away with their integrated editor? This would be a giant step backwards Does anyone know if I can use the release version without Word?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2007 Jan 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. I just read the dialog wrong. Yes, it asks for Word and checks to see that it is installed but will allow you to install without it. I suspect it may still use Word for WinHelp and now it is an all-in-one package instead of separate RoboHTML and WinHelp editors.

I also meant to post this in the "General Discussion," but the forum didn't want me to log in from this computer. I guess it was just one of those days.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2007 Jan 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at the right PC at the moment to check but I don't think RH6 HTML can now produce WinHelp. It's simply that RH for Word still does that but you will not be able to as obviously you cannot use RH for Word without Word installed.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2007 Jan 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three programs one can launch from the start menu, RoboHelp HTML, RoboHelp for Word, and RoboHelp Starter. The starter program was what was launched after installation. So it is not "all-in-one" as I stated but is consistent with previous versions. One does not need Word installed.

Peter, your "getting started with RoboHelp 6.0" was one of the sources that said it was needed. Since most people seem to have Word, this probably won't be a deterrent for many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2007 Jan 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nonetheless I will ask Adobe to amend the article. Thanks John.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp