I've been using AE CS3 since it came out on my Intel Mac.
Recently I started having trouble with the audio. when I play it back in the timeline there's a consistent stutter at frequent points throughout the video. These stutters are present in the exported file as well. I'm not sure what I did to make this problem appear. The only thing I can think of was that I installed soundflower plug-in for a screen cap program that sometimes is a bit finicky. I've tried disabling it before though and this problem persists.
Also, it seems to only happen to DV footage. I've checked the interpret footage preference and I have the framerate set to 29.97 (use source footage) and everything else is normal as well.