• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error-The directory originally specified in the selected output module

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2008 Jul 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put together an animated text composition that I would like to add to the beginning of one of my premier projects. When trying to render I keep getting an error that the directory originally selected in the output module no longer exists. I tried windows media, animated gif, NTSC, custom, etc. and nothing works. What is wrong with this?
TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

_It happened to me and I decided as follows:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error means that the location you're trying to render the file to is no longer visible.

Click on the output file name in the Render Queue and specify a new target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the "output to" I selected all the different default options from the drop down menu (comp name, comp and output module name, project and comp name, etc.) and none of them work. I'm really at a loss on what else to do. This is a pain. I'm using CS2 by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually click on the blue text to specify a new directory? Simply shifting around the naming options won't do anything if you don't point the output to a place where there is actually space to write it to...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium....that worked. THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there.

I'm using After Effects CS5.5 on a college computer for class. I got this error message when I loaded a project from another computer, so decided to redo the whole thing over again on the computer I'm using now. I was almost through this new project and I wanted to see how it looked, but I got the same blasted error. I don't know anything about the output module or how to properly change it, so I'm afraid I'd make it worse by tampering. It's now overdue, so I beg somebody to reply ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_It happened to me and I decided as follows:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rogerio, you are a lifesaver! I also found that unchecking the "render" checkbox next to any above works, too. Thanks for posting this. You saved me hours of frustration!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. Thanks Rogerio was freaked for a second there.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much...it worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for making the video, it was so annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS SOOOO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's great.  Followed along and after effects is rendering fine again.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the best!! Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is goated! Thank you!🙏🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

literally thank you so freaking much I was losing my mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-check and make sure all your assets are linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me all the tipps from the other nice helping people didn't work.
However what worked was exporting the Composition I was trying to render into a new Project.
I made a mess overloading the project, importing other existing After Effects projects, somewhere along the line there was probably a buggy dependency.
Exporting your composition is well explained here:
https://davidlindgren89.medium.com/how-to-copy-animation-to-another-project-in-after-effects-ea361dc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines