• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfexecute

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2007 Jan 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed on the server the beyond compare software (code comparison).

If I run from the command line the following : "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe" @C:\Script.txt it works fine as my script file contain info on generating an output file.

However if I use
<cfexecute name="C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe"
arguments="@C:\Script.txt">

Has Anybody experience with this tool from CFMX cfexecute as the above does not generate a file, like the command line

Thank you.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2007 Jan 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Beyond Compare to move files from our development server to production. However, we have a batch file to tell it what to do, and the cfexecute calls the batch file.

We don't use a file attribute in the cfexecute tag, we use a variable attribute. We then loop through this variable to append data to a log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2007 Jan 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you!!

Not sure if I understand you correctly.

What I want to achieve is that two files (text1.txt and text2.txt) that are generated with CFMX beforehand are being compared and that the result is -saved- by Beyond compare are an HTML file, which I could then load at a later stage from my app.

If I add a time-out to cfexecutre, it will tell me that "Timeout period expired without completion of c:\bc2\bc2.exe"

I tried to move it into a bat file, but no result either. So I am not sure how your bat file looks like here.

Any ideas how to get something responding, once I get some response I could take it from there to find something that would work for me.

My script file is just a sample script file.

------------------------
file-report layout:side-by-side &
options:ignore-unimportant,display-context &
output-to:c:\bc2\output.html output-options:html-color c:\bc2\text1.txt c:\bc2\text2.txt
------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation