• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS4 constantly crashes

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2008 Dec 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the CS4 Master Collection suite and had no errors in the installation. I have been using some of the applications without problem. However, when I try to work with Encore CS4 it crashes everytime.

I created a new project and imported some JPG images to create a slideshow. I can't get past this point. Everytime I launch Encore and open the project it crashes. I have tried to create new projects and it makes no difference.

I spoke with Adobe Technical Support and they suggested I start Windows with all of the services disabled. Encore still crashes. They then suggested I uninstall and reinstall the entire suite which would take hours.

I am running Windows XP Sp3 with Core2Duo processor and 2 Gb RAM. I have plenty of available hard drive space.

Has anyone had this problem or have suggestions on what may be causing Encore to crash?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 176 Replies 176
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2008 Dec 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not saying this is your probe but 2 GB of RAM these days is kind of the minimum. More RAM would be helpful.

I think you should uninstall and reinstall as unpleasant as that might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately my Sony VAIO notebook has a max of 2Gb of RAM that I can install. I can run any of the other applications in the Master Collection without problem. Encore CS4 is the culprit and based on what I am reading in the forums this program is extremely buggy.

I did uninstall and reinstall the CS4 Master Collection suite (with no errors)but Encore CS4 still crashes when I try to do anything. I can launch the program fine but when I try to create a new project and start to do anything, or load an existing project it will crash.

I hope Adobe looks into the problems with this application since it is basically unuseable in its present state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a temporary new administrator user account and then try running Encore from the new account.<br /><br />If it works, then you should delete the Encore folder in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Adobe and then try launching Encore again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2010 Feb 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi jeff,

please help me, i am in the middle of a dvd project, my encore cs4 was working perfectly, when its said a error about memory i have cleared the media ceche database after that encore is unexpectly closing in the startup of the program.

i have deleted the Encore folder in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Adobe and then try to launch Encore , but still it's unexpectly closing in the startup of the program,

sorry for my english

Thank & Regards

Shameed udhuman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to open Encore by using the Start Menu, or are you double-clicking on your project file to launch Encore?

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jeff for your reply

i have tried all the ways which you have said earlier in this thread, now i

am rebuild the project in encore 2.0 b'coz i have to complete the project by

today. i think i have done the mistake by clearing media ceche database, is

it right? thank you very much once again.

-shameed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2008 Dec 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff.

I tried creating a new Administrator user account and the application is still crashing. I have tried just about everything to get Encore CS4 to work but no success. The other apps are working fine within the CS4 Master Collection suite as far as I can tell so I don't get what is wrong with Encore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A font? You know corrupted may be? A profile corrupted or perhaps a file corruption?

In the preferences did you try to clean your Media Cache database?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try to see if it makes any difference. I did go through a reinstall already and would think that the Media cache would be clean but let's see what happens.

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2008 Dec 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,
I just read this Thread here and wanted to let you know, that I am experiencing exactly the same Error with Encore CS4 out of my Mastercollection.

I am currently installing XP SP3 and see if this will change anything.

Best,
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2008 Dec 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike and Michael:
I just joined the forum and am experiencing the exact same problem as you both. I use an Alienware laptop (P4 3.6Ghz, RAID 0, 3GB RAM). I have done 9 major Movie DVD productions in the CS2 Production Suite and Encore was workable though a little buggy. I upgraded to CS4 and Encore crashes even with opening a new project. My guess is that I have a CODEC problem. This was one of the things listed to check for when troubleshooting Encore crashes from a Technote article (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb401278&sliceId=1). The article gives several things to try. It gave a detailed procedure of how to disable codecs to determine the bad one. I will give that a try next but I have over 300 codecs installed. I imagine people who have a machine closer to a virgin OS install (no additional codecs) have no problems with Encore CS4. I use alot of additional Multimedia type programs which all have installed their own codecs. It does seem odd that I don't have the same problem in Premiere. However, Encore goes through an initialization phase 'preparing for transcoding' which is the last thing it does before crashing for me. I imagine it is doing CODEC stuff here. Let me know of your progress and I will do the same. I don't try Adobe tech support much - I often find I know more than them about their own software (I have taught the entire suite of applications for 7 years for ITT Technical Institute to over 1000 students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2009 Jan 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi<br /><br />I have the same problem, and only with encore. I have uninstalled then reinstalled the complete cs4 master collection twice. I have disabled codecs. I have cleaned all temp files and preferences. Nothing has seemed to fix the problem. I have run all updates for windows, adobe, and apple software. <br /><br />here is the first part of my crash log. I have submitted it each time to adobe. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem?<br /><br /><?xml version="1.0"?><br /><!DOCTYPE crashreport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd"><br /><crashreport version="1.1" crVersion="3.0.20080806" applicationName="Adobe Encore" applicationVersion="4.0.1.048" build="unknown"><br /><time year="2009" month="1" day="2" hour="9" minute="49" second="40"/><br /><user guid="5bc1e22a-dc64-49fa-a7ff-ecdba5f164ac"/><br /><system platform="windows" osversion="5.1.2600 SP 3.0" applicationlanguage="English (United States)" userlanguage="en_US" oslanguage="en_US" ram="2047" machine="Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5320 @ 1.86GHz" model="x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 7" cpuCount="8" cpuFreq="1861 MHz" busFreq="" locale="English (United States)"/><br /><crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x6962f59a"><br /><backtrace crashedThread="0"><br /><thread index="0"><br /><stackStatement index="0" address="0x6962f59a" symbolname="DllMain"/><br /></thread><br /></backtrace>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug,

Might not be relevent, but the "Exception_Access_Violation" *might* point to User Permissions. In earlier versions of Encore, Permissions (basically running as Administrator) were essential for it to work.

Are you installing and running on an Administrator account?

Just thinking here,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

As far as I can tell, my login name is set to be the administrator. It is set from domain or network to the local computer to be in local administrator group. I have never had any problems with Encore cs3 or other issues related to not being a local administrator. I have another computer, off the network, where I run as the pure local administrator, and everything works fine with Encore cs4.

maybe it is a bug with the network login. I should give local login a try, or get my IT department to login into the local admin account and see if it runs from there.

thanks
doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i created a local administrator account. I logged in and started encore in the new account and had the same crash.

is there a specific place in the crash data file where it names what it is crashing on?

i am at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried to create a new Local Administrator account and it still crashes everytime. I get a similar crash report. Adobe support is worthless so I am not sure what else to try? It may be conflicting with other codecs but it will take time to troubleshoot. I will report any updates on any progress.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Doug,

I do not know about CS4, but previous versions of Encore had real problems when hooked to a network. Other than my Gigabit LAN, I have never run it on one, so do not have any useful info.

However, a search of this forum for "network" will probably yield quite a few articles. Maybe something in one of those can help you, or your IT department.

@Mike,

Are you also running on a network?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, i'm running CS4 on my laptop and Encore is the only one which doesnt run properly.
-I updated to SP3
-I downdraded then reupgraded my graphic card drivers
-I updated directx
-I removed any codec that where not microsoft native (ffdshow caused premiere to crash)
-cleaned the adobe cash and any temporary folder
-verified privilege access
Updated Adobe to the latest version

I don't know what I should do next, but it seems that it crashes when initializing the monitor window, ie the display (as soon as i open a new timeline or import as a new timeline, but i can create menus,buttons,...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2009 Nov 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.. my problem is crashing upon creation of a new timeline..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.. my problem is crashing upon creation of a new timeline..

Drew,

Please tell us about your Project, and your Assets. Then, please tell us exactly what you are doing when the program crashes. Last, please give the specs. of your computer.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drew,

This ARTICLE, written basically for an NLE session, but applicable to an authoring session, will give you tips on setting up and getting your computer for authoring.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ARTICLE will give you tips on finding clues as to what is happening, when the program crashes.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though it is targeted at PrPro, this PrPro-Wiki FAQ Entry has a lot of good, general tips on troubleshooting, including some of the details that can be very useful to people trying to help find your issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

I had the problem of crashing upon creation of a new timeline. I read that somebody updated their Nvidia drivers. I have the Nvidia GeForce 6500, just the chipset in an off name ceap video card. I don't care about games and all that, and the cheap display cards seem to keep up with everything in Adobe.. I went to the Device Manager in Windows XP, Right clicked the video card and picked "Updat Driver". Then, I allowed windows to search the internet for an updated driver and we found one, I installed it. I was able to get through a full project with Encore CS4 and burn DVDs. Everything crashes frequently, including Premiere, but after relaunching, it always went to the next step before crashing again, so after 20 or 30 crashes, I was able to get all of my work done in Premiere, and after 10 or 12 crashes I was able to complete a project in Encore. I haven't even tried using Dynamic Link to open premiere timelines in Encore, I had extensive crashing with that right when I bought the bundle, so I gave up on thinking that my rendering days were over.. Heartbreak is what this Adobe experience can be described as.. Maybe one day, I'll turn to the dark side and buy a Mac with Final Cut Pro, and use Logic Pro, and all of that stuff that runs clean.. I noticed that most Mac users don't know how to fix problems, or reinstall the OS.. It's because they don't have to..

Anyhoo.. Leting windows search the internet for updated drivers for my video card "fixed" the problem. I think I might do that for ALL of my drivers and see if it makes any difference for performance. I am a pro at reinstalling windows, so if I have to, I can always rebuild to the point that I am at right now..

Thanks,

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines