Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing large files from Word 2003

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2007 Jan 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just my PC, or it is RoboHelp?

I am trying to import a large Word document of about 300+ pages into RoboHelp and it seems to choke, not completing the process. I was able to import smaller documents without incident but have not been able to create a PDF document. The whole process chokes as well. Creating .chm files is straight forward and quick otherwise.

I am running the product side by side with Help & Manual and Doc-To-Help as my company has to make some decisions.

Can anyone comment on importing large documents from Word?
Also, is there any way to create conditional text replacements in RoboHelp?
Does RoboHelp come with RoboPDF?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2007 Jan 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the forum.

That's a pretty big document so if it is giving you problems, I would suggest creating a copy and then splitting it into two for the import.

X5 does come with RoboPDF. You may encounter a small problem when you first use it but that is covered in Snippets on my site and is easily fixed.

Conditional text is available in RoboHelp but can you explain what you mean by conditional replacements?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp