• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp navigation components

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2007 Jan 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully created a Webhelp project and uploaded the output onto our website. Everything works OK except that when referencing a page that is not the starting page, the navigation components (contents index search etc) are not displayed and instead a simple 'Show' link is shown at the top of the page. After clicking on the Show link everything is displayed as expected but I would prefer it if the navigation components were automatically displayed. To see the problem click on:

http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/programhelp/Ground_Modelling.htm

I get the same behaviour whether referencing html pages directly (as above) or when using the RH_ShowHelp VB code supplied with RoboHelp to access context sensitive help from a Windows VB application.

I hope someone can explain how to get round this.

Andy Tindale
DesignBuilder Software

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

Take a look at the topic on my site about Calling WebHelp using URLs.

You need a string which is path/startpage.htm#path/target_topic.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I have spotted that I can get the navigation components by referencing the topic using:

http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/programhelp/index.htm#Ground_Modelling.htm

This still leaves the context sensitive help accessed from the VB program. I am using code:

RoboHelp_CSH.RH_ShowHelp hwndParent, " http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/programhelp/index.htm", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, ContextId

Any ideas why this does not show the navigation components until the 'Show' Link at the top of the page is clicked.

Thanks,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I can't help you on that part but have you looked at the two links at the begining or the topic on Calling WebHelp using Map IDs.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp