• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User of TCS- getting error when launching Captivate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a TCS user, which comes with Captivate. I have been using FM and RoboHelp for sometime now... and now we want to start using Captivate. When I go to launch Captivate off my start menu, I am unable to do so- I get this error: "This Product is already installed as a component of Adobe Technical Suite Installer. If you want to install it as an individual product please remove it from Suite." My only choice is OK, so I choose that. Then it tries to configure Captivate with the little installer ICON, the message re-appears, I click OK, and the whole thing does this about 3 times until it closes.

I am able to launch Captivate out of FrameMaker- but again, when I try to save a project, start a new one, etc. I get the same error message and same cycle. I need some help please! Everything else in TCS seems to be working correctly...

Adriana
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2009 Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adriana

I might suggest you report this to Adobe as a possible bug.

Click here to view the wish form/bug reporting form

You may also wish to contact Adobe Support.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick- I have reported the bug.

In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this problem?? It's KILLING me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources