• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH HTML 8 Glossary Issues

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the TRIAL version to check out features for recommendation to a client. I've use RH Word for years; last was X5.

Built a 4000+ glossary XML file using the structure in a 3-term .glo. Tried to import it with no joy; RH just hems and haws a little bit then displays both panes as blank.

If I cut down the import file to 3 terms, it will import.

Now, I have a single-topic project (for show and tell). Running the Glossary Wizard gives results of one topic inspected (correct) with no entries/hotspots made (incorrect). Two of the 4 glossary terms are definiitely in the topic text.

So, is the glossary mechanism broken or is this a "disabled" feature in the Trial. There's no error or warning messages.

Definitely a deal-breaker; we've got large specialized glossaries in several departments.

If this is a Trial issue, where can I find a list of feature disabled? If I'm interested in a feature, I'll test it out; if it doesn't work, I can only conclude the applicable Adobe program just can't hack it -- had that happen in Acrobate Pro 9, so I never upgraded.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

There is no limitation imposed on the trial version other than simple time allowed to use it. So I'm certain that isn't it.

In version 8 the underlying structure of the .GLO file changed to an XML format. Perhaps that explains it?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I'll check it out some more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp