• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFPRINT producing blank rectangular sections in printed output

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running CF 8,0,1,195765 Standard on Windows Server 2003, Sun Java v. 1.6.0_04 and jpedal.jar of 1,665,959 bytes in size.

Some vendor-supplied PDFs are printing with blank rectangular areas (approx. 1" x 5") and not always in the same positions if printed multiple times.  Other vendor-supplied PDFs always print correctly.  jpedal.jar file was updated to version supplied by Adobe Support.

Completely outside the realm of CF8 I have printed a problematic PDF with (1) FoxIt Reader v. 3.0 Build 1506 and (2) PDF-XChange Viewer v2.0 Build 41.5; both print the document extremely quickly and perfectly.  Interestingly, JPedal's PDF viewer (located on http://jpedal.org) was able to read the PDF file, send the data to my Xerox printer, but the printer threw an error and never printed any sheets.

My question: why would <CFPRINT> not also print the same PDF correctly?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran across this exact problem. It was solved by making sure all clients were using the latest and greatest Reader version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but there are no clients diretcly involved in my scenario.  The PDFs in question are supplied to us and I print them, completely unaltered, with <CFPRINT>.  When you write "clients," are you referring to entities who created the PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I found was that the computer where the PDF files were created and the computer where the files are viewed and/or printed, needed to be using the same version of Acrobat Reader. Also, if possible, have the same printer drivers installed. It all came down to software version differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha.  Unfortunately, in my case, the PDFs are vendor-generated and we probably have little change of altering its preferred generation method.  However, I will retain your experience and hope it proves useful.  Thank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation