• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser Settings for Viewing WebHelp

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When another user opens the WebHelp from his browser he sees a blank Contents pane, even though when I open the same start *.htm file, all of the topics show in the Contents pane. Is there a web browser setting that would cause a blank Contents?

I am using RoboHelp 7 HTML to generate this WebHelp.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derry,

Are you both using the same type of browser (IE or Firefox etc)? I think RH output should be compatible with either but it's something to consider...

The only other thing I can think of is that it is running slowly and the TOC is not loading up before patience runs out?Are you both accessing it from the same physical location?

Does your colleague get the top toolbar with the choices for Contents/Index/Search (assuming you have thse set up in your output)? Try switching to the Index and back again..

Cheers,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

My colleague was using his preferred browser, Chrome. This does not seem to support the Contents.

He is able to open the WebHelp in Internet Explorer and FireFox.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge has some info at this link that will help with Chrome.

You will be interested in Snippet 103.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp