• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export output / online Webhelp Page to MS Word?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious.. I am thinking of using Robohelp (either 5 or upgrading to 7) to create an online form. I'd love to allow the users to easily export their filled in forms to MS Word. I don't suppose anyone has found a widget, etc that could be placed on a webhelp page - something that users could click and export the page as a Word file to their PC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why an MS Word file? Serious question - why Word?

Do you plan to leave out a sizable portion of the world population that doesn't have Word? I would miss out because I only use Open Office or a couple other word processors (except here at work) on my personal computers. And if you said "forget anyone who can't afford Microsoft Word" then which version will you support? Only the most current? What about those small offices / non-profits / etc. that might only have Office 97? Are they out of luck too?

Regards,
Linux Rules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response...

All users have MS Word installed on their pcs (combo of 2003 and 2007).

Most likely I'll just supply them with an MS Word template to use.

Before locking in on Word, thought I'd take a quick look at the possiblities of creating an online form (developed via one of their other tools, I own: such as Robohelp, Adobe Designer, and DreamWeaver). Though, I don't have much of a budget to work with, so if I go the online route - going to have to be quick and dirty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
They can select any part of the form in the .htm file and copy/paste it into their preferred word processor.

They can also File > Save As > Save as Type > Webpage, complete (*,htm, *.html).

They can then select any part of that file and copy/paste it into their preferred word processor.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp