• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Populating fields in 32-bit Windows application

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a need to populate fields in a 32-bit Windows app with values obtained via my CF application.  Anyone aware of a product that can do this, perhaps Java-based?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly sure about your question. I dont see where 32 or 64 bit has anything to do with populating fields, 32 bit is hardware architecture, does not exactly have anything to do with how applications function. 32 or 64 bit, the applications will still work the same way on the front end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean a non-browser-based Windows application.  In my case, it's an application that allows entry and maintance of customer information.  My CF application will provide geographic address information and I need to populate the Windows application with that data.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too extreme I think. Why not rely on database?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DB insertion would be my preference but I'm told our collective knowledge of it isn't sufficient.  The Windows app wasn't developed in-house.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe create an interface.

1. CF code stored information in DB.

2. Interface retrieve that data sent by CF in DB, translates that data and send it to the Window App.

The interface is probably another Window App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I was thinking along the lines of a middleware-type solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation