• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to Remove Auto-generated Batch File

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a RoboHelp 7 project. When I generate the primary layout of this project, it automatically generates a folder called !SSL! with another folder inside it called franksTest. Needless to say, it doesn't look v. professional to have a folder called franksTest as part of the final project that goes with the software product. I have no use for either of these folders, but I don't know how to permanently remove them, particularly franksTest, from the generated project.

Anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you generate a layout, as you have seen, the layout follows suit with what the Single Source Layout name is. So you may see a different response by creating a new layout and naming it appropriately.

Additionally, all the files inside the folder should work independently of the actual folder name. So even if you didn't know you could rename the layout, you could rename the folder without issues.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that and let you know. Thanks Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no reason for the franksTest folder to be a "part of the final project that goes with the software product."

Whether this is WebHelp or HtmlHelp (you didn't say), it's what is inside that output folder that gets shipped.

In addition, you can change the folder location to anything you want, in the first field of the first page of the Generate wizard.

Finally, your Release Engineering peeps are in charge of naming the folder in which the help will reside (ours is cleverly called docs), whether it's distributed on a CD or hosted on your own web server.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp