Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic List Tab Gone

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I have a developer here who is having a strange technical problem with her Robo install.

Whenever she tries to open her project, she gets two error messages. One says that topiclist.dll cannot be accessed. This is followed by repository.dll cannot be accessed.

I can deduce that both files are necessary for Robo to successfully launch a project.

Her Topic List tab is also gone. The C: drive contains both of these two files in the proper place.

How is this caused? How is this fixed?

Many Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it installed with Admin rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe RoboHelp was with Admin rights.  I have been working, with no problems, on my project in RoboHelp for a couple months now; last night I saved my work, published and logged off RoboHelp and my pc.  This morning when I go to access my project I get the following errors:

"Could not load 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\RoboHelp 6.0\RoboHTML\TopicList.dll'. Error code 998"     followed by

"Could not load 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\RoboHelp 6.0\RoboHTML\Repository.dll'."   and I get this one again when I try to close the project.

The project does open after I click on OK for both of the errors; however, as Joe said my Topic tab is missing and my options to check in or check out are not there.  I can view my topics.    No idea what happened between last night and this morning. 

Thanks for your help,

Shari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't explain it, but everything is working fine now.   I rebooted my pc, for the third time, and my project now opens with no errors.   Maybe something was going on with our servers, no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you placing your source files on a local drive (good) or a netword drive (bad)? If the former you can either use a source control app to backup the source or manually copy the source files to a server location. Working on a server/network is a recipe for disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colum,

Thanks for your help.

This fixed itself...so...could have been just something with the way the machine was booting.

To answer your questions though...we download from RoboSource and then we work on C.

Thanks again,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp