• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary still not there.

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works (the TOC, Index) when we attach the help file to our software except the Glossary tab. It's blank.

We have included the HHAactiveX.dll file in our distribution, and are also registering it. This had 'enabled' the Glossary page - in that it is no longer grayed out as it was before. We see the glossary page, but it has no contents listed, even though we have content in the .glo file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Does this only happen when the help is opened from the software application? Or does it also occur if you simply locate the CHM using Windows Explorer and open it directly?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens only when the help is opened from our software.

The local compile within RoboHelp works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Sounds like you didn't understand my question.

What I meant to ask is whether you have opened the CHM on the PC that exhibits the issue, and if so, is the issue still present?

Unless, of course, you meant that it is also happening on your own PC.

Assuming you find that things are dandy with the Glossary working when opened stand alone VS from the application, I'd have to suggest there is something about the manner in which the application is opening the help that is suspect. Exactly what is a mystery though.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I understand what you were asking.

My techie and I were able to open the CHM file without going through our software.

It was the same.

No Glossary entries were there.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

The only thought here is that you are possibly mistaken about the HHActiveX.dll being properly registered.

To troubleshoot this and see if that's the case, try manually registering the DLL as follows.

Make note of the exact folder location where the HHActiveX.dll file is found. For example: C:\Help

Click the Windows Start menu and choose Run...

Type regsvr32 <path>hhactivex.dll and click OK. For example, using the path above the command would look like this:

regsvr32 C:\Help\hhactivex.dll

After you do this you should see a message advising things succeeded.

Click here to view a Captivate Movie that demonstrates this.

If you don't see the message that things were successful, that partly explains things. This would indicate something is amiss with the PC setup and the IT folks should investigate. But if you *DO* see that it was successful and things begin working after you do it, there is something amiss with the process that is supposed to do this automatically.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp