• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Close Topic' and other Keyboard Shortcuts in RH7?

Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Is there a keyboard shortcut to close the topic that I am currently editing, so that I don't have to keep using the mouse? (Ctrl+F4 would do this in most applications).

2. Is there a menu command to close the topic? I cannot find it if so.

3. Is there a list of Keyboard Shortcuts anywhere? I cannot find it in the RH7 Help Guide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

It was posted last week by someone.

Alt W W C

Then Esc to close the dialog.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH7 you can close a topic by right clicking on the topic tab and selecting the (I think) Close Tab option. As for a keyboard shortcut I'm not sure. I don't have access to RH7 but I do have RH8 at home so can check there. Same goes for the other shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm working with RoboHelp 7 at the moment and unfortunately there is no keyboard shortcut such as there is for common MDI interfaces. I think the shortcut is typically Ctrl+F4.

The good news (besides the fact I just saved a TON of money on my car insurance) is that RoboHelp 8 *DOES* seem to natively support the common Ctrl+F4 shortcut. I just tested it. (I'm a naughty naughty boy and have Captivate 4, two instances of RoboHelp 7 and one instance of RoboHelp 8 running!)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Rick,

Hope all is well with you.

That's good news. I'm wondering whether it's worth paying out the $$$ for the upgrade to version 8 just yet. What do you think? It seems awful close to the last bill for RH7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As with any upgrade, it depends. You just need to download the trial, install it, kick the tires and determine if it's for you!

8 Offers some nice features. But only you can tell if those features are what you want or need and are worth the price of admission.

Here is a link to another thread where someone offered a "keyboard way" to close a topic in 7. Click here

I'm unaware of a definitive list of keyboard shortcuts for 7. Could have sworn I'd documented it at some point. If so, can't find it. One may always pop open the Customize window and go spelunking.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, me again... How do you get your advert into the page? The old forum system allowed a web address etc, but I cannot see how you get this inserted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean like this?

I do that by editing the HTML code.

Sorry, but there's no way that I've seen to accomplish it otherwise.

Cheers... Rick

(As our pastor is fond of saying: It's all in the packaging.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like my kind of Pastor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Philip

Hey, found my list! I'll upload as an attachment.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.

Wasn't there a shortcut to switch between WYSIWYG and HTML view, and back again? And why aren't these in the Help Guide?! (Sounds like they need a Technical Author who isn't a programmer...) And I wish there was an easy one for tagging a Keyword; the old right-click+A has vanished...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Rick,

I just experimented and found some more for your list.

View Primary Layout                         Ctrl+R

Apply to highlighted text/graphics:

Select Font                                      Ctrl+Shift+F
Select Style                                     Ctrl+Shift+S
Reveal/Hide Paragraph markers         Ctrl+Shift+8
Apply Conditional Build Tag               Ctrl+N

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find a list of shortcut keys in RH7:

1. Select Help > Contents & Index
  2. In the Search box, type Shortcut keys and click Search
  3. Click the link Use Design Editor shortcut keys

Randi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Randi,

Thanks for finding those. They were well hidden! (I call them keyboard shortcuts, but the word "keyboard" doesn't appear in that topic.)

I went through the list carefully, and these are for RH6; they have not been updated for RH7, so ELEVEN of them are wrong, and there are several others missing.

I'll see if I can make a comprehensive list and upload it some time.

Thanks again!

<p>Philip Tory, <a target="_blank" href="http://www.authorgraphic.co.uk/">Authorgraphic Ltd. Technical Author</a>.</p>

www.authorgraphic.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was posted last week by someone.

Alt W W C

Then Esc to close the dialog.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thanks, that did the trick. Hope all is well with you too.

BTW guys, how do you get your photos onto this forum? I uploaded one, but cannot see a way to get it onto the answer...

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

The photos in the posts are your Avatar. If you upload an Avatar it has to be approved by a forum moderator.

Cheers... Rick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, found it.

Happy Easter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

One thing I forgot to mention about the Avatar. Once a moderator approves it, you THEN have to return and actually choose it to use it. I had uploaded mine and had selected it, but it didn't just automagickally get used once approved. I hadda go choose it again.

Cheers and happy posting! Rick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colum,

Yes, I know about the mouse commands; but I can save 20% of my time by using keyboard shortcuts, and I just wondered if the developers had put them in somewhere.

Is there a list of shortcuts somewhere?

And how are you getting along with RH8? Was it worth the upgrade?

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everybody,

As the RH7 Help Guide has several mistakes and omissions on Shortcut Keys, I have made a fairly comprehensive list of RH7 Keyboard Shortcuts, based on inputs from the correct shortcut keys from the Help Guide, from other Forum users, and from my own research. Please feel free to distribute to others, and to Adobe so they can put it in the Help Guide!

See attached "RoboHelp 7 Keyboard Shortcuts.pdf".

Philip Tory<br />
   <a target="_blank" href="http://www.authorgraphic.co.uk/robohelp_training_course.htm">
   Authorgraphic Ltd. RoboHelp Training</a>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp