• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

license question

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a licensed copy of RoboHelp HTML 7.  My manager has asked me for the license key for an audit, and I can't find it.  Is there somewhere inside the product I can click to see my license key?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can retrieve it. Probably the only record was on the DVD case.

Did you buy it online from Adobe? By visiting your account, you can get the number there.

Otherwise, if you have some proof of purchase, contact Customer Support and I think they can help you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a utility such as "Keyfinder Thing" (free download and use) - use the Tools>Search mode.

One place to download:

http://www.brothersoft.com/keyfinder-thing-226169.html

Regards,

GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't know about that program.  I downloaded it and ran it and it did find several license keys on my system, not not RoboHelp.  It also didn't find some other keys for some things I'm sure I have installed and have licenses for.  Looking around inside Keyfinder, it has a list of supported programs that is pretty long but nothing from Adobe is on the list.  But thanks, running this was interesting.

- Mitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15292&sliceId=2

Visit www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Mitch,

Adobe likes to "chop off" the last 4 digits of serial numbers for security purposes.  The key finders, such as the one listed above, will generally search the registry for the serial number.  This is one of the key locations that have had this "chopping" process applied.  So, even if this app was able to find the serial number, it would not be the complete serial.

Peter is right.  If you do not have the original CD/DVD case with the serial number printed on it, you will need to contact Adobe directly.  Peter linked you to a document that tells you how to do this.

Thanks,

Bobby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp