• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subfolders in Map Files and Baggage?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Robo 6 to create webhelp. This is one of many issues I'm seeing since inheriting this help project that had not been updated in 2+ years.

Today's question is, why are the topic folder names that I use to organize my content being re-created under Map IDs and Baggage? I have 5 folders under HTML Files (Topics) and these same folder names show up under Map Files and Baggage files, and they are empty. Also one HTMLPages folder is showing up that isnt' even in my help project. I have 5 other stand-alone help pages that I use Robo to maintain but they are in a completely different folder, outside of the Help project fodler.

I only have one map ID file and no baggage files. But it won't let me delete these "extra folders under Map Files and Baggage fiels so clearly it thinks they are needed.

thankyouverymuch...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You have to understand the way RoboHelp works with these. Note the folders have icons on them. The Baggage and Image folders. This means they aren't true folders you will see in the Windows file system. This means RoboHelp is simply presenting what it knows about in that category. So when you create a folder in your project, you are creating a true folder in the Windows File System. It is then visible in the other "pseudo-folders" presented by RoboHelp.

Perhaps this link will help. Click here

Does that make more sense? Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I think that does make sense and you are saying don't worry about it 🙂  .  So I won't. I just don't remember Robo doing that before.

Now can someone explain why I keep having to sign out and sign back in and select a forum and drill all the way back down to my question in order to see the Reply button? I know I'm signed in because it welcomes me by name at the top of the page and has a Sign Out link. Nothing seems to be working correctly today! sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp