• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 problems with populating pdf forms

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form in LiveCycle on top of an existing PDF.  The form has 2 text fields (a company name) and an image (a company logo), and all are dynamically populated depending on who requested the  form.  I am using CF 8 to read the database and populate the fields. See tags below.

1. I have tried a zillion different ways to generate a line feed in one of the text fields but to no avail. In all cases, the characters actually appear in the output text.   Supposedly the LiveCycle doc says I can use udf escape sequences like "\u000d\u000a" but those do not work  Other attempts included '\x0d\x0a' " \r" "<br>" \line but to no avail.

Does anyone know what character sequence to embed in a text field to cause a line feed in the output PDF?

2. I cannot find any documentation on how to specify the value for an imagefield on the PDF form.  I am trying to place a company logo but nothing comes out on the pdf. Apparently I need something other than value="logofilename.jpg" but I can't find any doc on what to use.

Here is my code - very simple:

<cfpdfform source="#sourcePDFpath#" action="populate">

<cfpdfsubform name="topmostsubform">

<cfpdfformparam name="txtAssocName" value="#Trim(assocName)#"> <!--- this displays OK --->

<cfpdfformparam name="txtAssocAddress" value="#Trim(assocAddrFields)#"   > <!--- line feeds are not working between city and state --->

<cfpdfformparam name="logo" value="1.jpg"  >  <!--- image does not display --->

</cfpdfsubform>

</cfpdfform>

Thank you, in advance, for your help!

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the  solution to question #1 below - this seems to work: '#chr(10)##chr(13)#'

Now if I can only find out how/what to use to embed an image, I'll be in good shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if there is a way to pass a graphic into a PDF like that, but I've done it lots of times by positioning the graphic onto a PDF file using the iText java library (ships with CF).  Might want to head over to http://www.lowagie.com/iText/ to check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation