Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMR in Captivate 3

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anxiously awaiting Captivate 4~meanwhile~

I am having a bit of difficulty editing my FMR file I have created in Captivate 3. Can you even edit a FMR file in Captivate 3?

I have been working on trying to split this up with FMR on one slide and static graphics on another thinking that is the direction I have to go.

Problem being there is user interaction required on the first page or lets say in my first attempt in creating a demonstration I will show that the user needs to select an area on the first slide. This selection will get things moving in another area on that same slide. That area will get to a certain point and then the user will need to select another area but this data that is continually changing as a result of that first selection - it keeps running - never stopping. Hope this makes sense :|.

It appears as though I need to stop and start this FMR from slide to slide. Don't know any other way to get around this or maybe just show all static graphics from slide to slide and do away with FMR completely at this time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So you are learning first hand why Full Motion Recording (FMR) isn't all that and a bag of chips!

Adobe does offer a FMR editor that may be used with Captivate 3. It's a separate application you have to download and install. You may visit the link below to download it.

Click here

The editor is very limited. Basically it works in much the same way as we used to see with old 8MM movies. You can split the film in two or more pieces, append one to the other, discard bits but that's about it. You cannot, however, make edits to the individual frames, for example obliterating sensitive information. I do suppose you might be able to layer an object in that would do it, but you cannot edit directly to accomplish it.

The bottom line is that for most purposes, FMR is best avoided.

Hopefully this helps some... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic. I will have a look. Thanks so much! Yea...FMR...bleah.

Alisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, my bad

Forgot to actually create the link!

And a big ole Homer Simpson D'oh!

Here ya go... Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha ha...thought the links were at the end...no problem.

Thanks for catching it and resending.

Alisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Another question re: Recording Modes

This may be a longshot - but wondered if you have to specify all the recording modes you want prior to recording or is there a way to turn a simple cp(Captivate 3)file into a Demonstration, Training, and Assessment after it is created?

It's late where I am so I'm hoping my question is clear.

Alisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alisa

No, you understand it. You set the mode, then record. There is no magickal button to press that says "Presto! Your Demonstration is now a Simulation!" or vice-versa.

Please note, howeve, that you may record initially in different modes so that you end up with multiple presentations from a single recording. In that case you choose the different modes before you record.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources