Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book linking to a PDF file - conditional tah

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2006 Dec 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

In the TOC of a help project, we have a book linking to a PDF file. This book must be appears in he A.chm help file but not in the B.chm help file.

My question is : It is possible to add a conditional tag on this book? If yes, I would like to know how to do this.

Thanks!
TW_Marysec

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't add a tag to a book but I'm thinking that you may be able to achieve this by using a little redirection. If you create a redirect topic as shown in Rick Stone's tips n tricks file linked to the PDF and add a tag to this topic, you could exclude the tag from your B.chm file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum.

it is possible to create à redirect to a pdf file?

TW_MaryseC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also create a topic that contains a link to the PDF file. This approach allows you to apply a conditional build tag to the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can redirect to a PDF. If all else fails you can follow ChetZeshonski's advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

Something you may want to look at an article I created for "conditionalizing" the TOC and Index. You may view that by clicking here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp