Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link URL to Captivate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I added a URL on click of a button and did a preview using the keys 'F8' or 'F10', this works absolutely fine and I am able to open the specified link on Click of the button.

But when I publish and it opens in a browser (firefox, IE 7), On click of the same button URL doesnot open (there is no action performed when I click that button but Captivate runs further without opening specified URL).

Please suggest a solution to this, I donot know where I am going wrong .

Thanks for your help in advance,

Vinod

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Hi there

Why the concern? Are you placing your Captivate content on a server? If so, your worries are unfounded. This only happens when you run the Captivate locally as you are in a different zone from the Flash Player perspective. From a server all should be well with no issues.

If, however, you are running from CD-ROM, you do have a concern but there is a workaround that involves installing a lightweight server on the CD.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Rick

Is there a other way by which this can be solved? The reson why I am asking is, at the customers end I would not be able to make changes you mentioned.

Thanks

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Why the concern? Are you placing your Captivate content on a server? If so, your worries are unfounded. This only happens when you run the Captivate locally as you are in a different zone from the Flash Player perspective. From a server all should be well with no issues.

If, however, you are running from CD-ROM, you do have a concern but there is a workaround that involves installing a lightweight server on the CD.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, I got it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, I am running into this same type of issue. My project is saved on a Network Drive though. Here are the specifics.

I am using Captivate 4 and Flash Player version 9

Project is saved on a shared network location that everyone in our company has access to

I added a button with the following settings:

5-28-2009 5-10-09 PM.gif

The URL is to our Company Intranet. I have used it in Microsoft Office files, emails, etc with no issues.

When I preview (F8) the slide and click the button it opens IE6 to the web page specified in the link.

When I publish the content (to the shared network drive) as an SWF (see screen shot below) and run the video to that slide and click the button nothing happens. I hear the "click" sound confirming that I did click the button but nothing else happens.

5-28-2009 5-13-54 PM.gif

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Angel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try what is outlined in the link below and see if the issue is resolved. If it is, you will likely need to perform the same steps on all PCs running the Captivate.

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,  I tried your suggestion with my Network drive and it didn't work...  I got to thinking about the "browse" feature from the Adobe Flash Settings window and when choosing the folder my files were saved to, which filled in the folder location path to our corporate drive letter mappings literally,  I remembered the pain I ran into trying to post the video a month ago. The fact that what appears in Windows Explorer to our corporate users as our N:\ drive is actually the file server name with the // in front so I edited the prior location in the Adobe Flash Settings and did a copy and paste over it with the proper full server/folder path.  Oh my gosh, it worked!!!!   Yeah!

I would have never tried anything beyond the first steps you shared had you not replied with the same steps after I gave the detail of my files being on the network.  Now the fun part, getting my IT/Security staff here to approve this setting for a push to all corporate PCs. 

Thanks so much Rick... You are AWESOME!

Angel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Happy to help!

If you can, see if your IT folks will allow you to store the files on an Intranet Web Server (If you have one - Most companies do). If your content was hosted on a Web server (as opposed to a network server) you wouldn't need to adjust the PC security settings because Web Servers are automatically in a *SAFE* zone. So this could save you some work.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources