Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customized bullets in RH 7

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anyone created a customized bullet in RoboHelp 7? I'm trying to create a nested bullet that uses a dash. The only way that I can figure out is to manually type the dash for each bullet item. Is there another way?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, if you've got your own bullet graphic it used to work well in good old RH X5: Right-click the bullet item > Select Bullets and Numbering > Specify a Bullet image

RH7 (less old, but in my humble opinion also less good than X5) has same fuctionality, but it has stopped working for me:

When using the Bullets and Numbering dialog for inserting an image as a bullet, it initially works fine. In my case the path to the graphic is a relative one (e.g. ../../MyGraphics/MyImage.jpg). But only until I close the topic. The next time I open it, RH has forcefully corverted the path so it points to a non-relative location on the C: drive (where of course the graphic is not located). Consequently I get the dreaded red placeholder square instead of my bullet graphic.

This has effectively made it impossible for me to use own graphics a bullets since I upgraded to RH 7. I wonder if there any reason behind this behaviour?

All best,
Morten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes thats a bug in RoboHelp 7. It shows up when the style sheel is not located at the same level as the topic you are currently editing. Then RH includes a wrong path into the style sheet and the image does not apear. You can manually edit the path and correct it in the same list style dialog though. I have always been using images for dashed list styles if required.

I just saw that the bug is evidently fixed in RH 8 so perhaps you might try a service release: http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp