• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of unused browser support files?

Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I produce web help for a a web app that is restricted to IE. When I generate web help, RH spits out dozens of files that support help within other browsers. We tried deleting these "extra" files, but it hosed the help. Does anyone know of a way to either 1) generate without these files or 2) remove the files without breaking web help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Karen, when I asked the same question a while back, the general response was pretty much "don't go there." Responders felt that it was risky to delete any of these files, and that the amount of testing it would take to verify that what you'd done was safe just really wouldn't be worth it.

While the idea of deleting the extra files was very appealing to me, as well, I decided that it was not going to be worth pursuing.

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp