Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8 bug fixes

Mar 26, 2009 Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone post, or post a link to, the RoboHelp 8 Read Me file? I'd like to see a list of bug fixes.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you look where you installed RoboHelp (Program Files/Adobe...) you should find a ReadMe.PDF file in the install folder.

Note that the install folder may vary, depending on whether you installed RoboHelp only or whether you had the Technical Communication Suite and installed from that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to ask.

Any specific bug fixes you were interested in?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to review the list of bug fixes as part of our evaluation to upgrade from 7 to 8. If there are substantial fixes I might be able to justify the upgrade to our business.

I assume there aren't any legal restrictions around posting this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the long list of new features isn't worth the upgrade cost then download and install the trial version and look at the readme.pdf file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the trial, but the included Read Me PDF contains only a few known issues, rather than a complete list of fixes from RH 7.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You seem awfully vague about listing particulars. I'm not sure why.

I cracked open the PDF on my own PC and I believe I see what you mean. Not much in there about what was addressed. Many folks here participated in the RoboHelp 8 beta (myself included) so if you could articulate which issues you are interested in perhaps we can help.

I'm just wondering, however, if you aren't simply seeking some assurance that Adobe is actually behind the product. You don't really care *which* issues are being addressed but are more concerned with knowing that the application is being actively developed further. Is this the case?

If so, you need to know that Adobe has put tons of resources into this product and everything I see tells me they plan on full steam ahead.

Can I guarantee the product will be viable a year from now? I can't guarantee that any more than I can guarantee you will safely cross the street this afternoon.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response. More than anything, I'd like to know if WebHelp compatibility with Firefox has been improved. I understand that new topics created in RH8 are XHTML. I assume opening/upgrading a project from a previous version in RH 8 does not convert/clean up the code? Does the new XHTML code allow for improved WebHelp output and/or has the WebHelp engine been improved to produce cleaner HTML that renders in other browsers as well as it does in IE? For example, when removing the underline from a hyperlink, RH wraps the hyperlink in a <span> tag, with a decoration of none. In IE, the hyperlink is not underlined, but in Firefox the underline still appears. We have to manually delete the <span> tags in the HTML view.

Thanks, AK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyCows wrote:

1] ...I assume opening/upgrading a project from a previous version in RH 8 does not convert/clean up the code?

2] ... Does the new XHTML code allow for improved WebHelp output and/or has the WebHelp engine been improved to produce cleaner HTML that renders in other browsers as well as it does in IE?

3] ...For example, when removing the underline from a hyperlink, RH wraps the hyperlink in a <span> tag, with a decoration of none. In IE, the hyperlink is not underlined, but in Firefox the underline still appears. We have to manually delete the <span> tags in the HTML view.

Thanks, AK

1] You assume wrong. It has to rewrite the code as otherwise old and new topics could not be handled in the editor.

2] The output code is also changed to make it work with different browsers. Only you can tell whether it is exactly what you want as your input is a factor.

3] I have not seen that problem. The trial version is fully functional and free. Best not to put it on your production machine or work with the original of your projects.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AK,

For #3 specifically, it sounds like you're manually turning off underlining by highlighting a link and going to Format > Font.  Is that right, or are you using styles?  Getting rid of link underlining should work better if you specify no underlining in the CSS by going to Format > Styles and changing the styles of the hyperlink states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great stuff. Thanks for the suggestion Ben!

I'll give the trial and whirl and see if it works the way I'm hoping.

Thanks everyone!

AK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I think you'll have to contact Adobe support. Good luck with that! As I said before, the new features should be the main reason why you'd want to upgrade. If you have a specific bug in RH7, let us know and we'll try and tell you if it has been fixed. Better still, try it yourself in the trial 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp