• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS styles in Robohelp output not showing

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm generating webhelp from Robohelp 8, and I can't get my styles to apply to the content. I applied my style sheet to my topics, so not sure what the problem is. I don't have a Master Page - do I have to have one for my content to be properly styled in the browser?

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm willing to try them. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps see if this topic helps. It's for CHM output, but might apply for webhelp also.

Fonts and Style Changes in Generated Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all the links are of the text/css type, so still not sure why it's not displaying. I'm tearing my hair out over this, because everything else works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your topics created by import from Word? Have you looked at the HTML for embedded style sheets and inline styling?

Does this occur in Preview or just in the browser?

If it is just the browser, when you generate have you maybe set a different CSS to apply?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, did not import from Word; used Dreamweaver to create the html (which I've double-checked for the appropriate <link rel="stylesheet" href="default.css" type="text/css" /> code).

Occurs in the browser. Looks fine in the Robohelp Starter pod. I have that sample project provided with Robohelp, and I've checked it; styling appears as it should.

Just don't know what I'm doing/not doing...

Thanks for the suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import one of your topics into a new project and verify that it has the same problem. If it has, then zip it up and send it via my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Emailed you as well. I tried changing to Master Page option--no luck.

Followed the link posted in this thread and tried some things but cannot seem to get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can recreate this in a small project and post here its size when zipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at the forum post. Same code is in individual HTML files but not in .css. I am going to see what I can do....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally fixed. I compared code in a working style sheet to the one that was not working.

The one that was not working had an extra bracket thrown into the DIV.divcontent header. I deleted & all seems to be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great! a relief, to solve the issue!

-- e.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that it was a character set definition in the css. don't ask me why, but Dreamweaver stuck it in there at some point. The code I removed was: @charset utf-8 { };

-- Eliz.

I have the same issue. Emailed you as well. I tried changing to Master Page option--no luck.

Followed the link posted in this thread and tried some things but cannot seem to get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all. I figured out the following line of code had somehow been inserted into my css and was causing the problem: @charset utf-8 {
}; Since I didn't deliberately specifiy the utf-8 character set, either Dreamweaver or Robohelp did something peculiar. Not sure what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp